Paypal Support?
Posted: 18 July 2014 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2014-07-18

i just bought the Quad pack and feel scam like many other users that posted here but I need to use thoose damn eye toys so I’m willing to by the driver & SDK (if I understand right we have to buy everything separetely ?)

But I’m stuck on the payment page. First its HTTP and not HTTPS asking for a credit card number which is total crap. But not only that but my money for this is on a paypal account… so how do I use paypal to buy the drivers and SDK please ? :/

Posted: 19 July 2014 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Hey Guillaume,

We are sorry you feel that way we will be working on clarifying the model. As for the https please consider that we use Stripe payments which handles everything with SSL by default.

We decided on the following pricing:

$1.99 - PS3 Eye Driver and Integration into common applications via DirectShow
$4.99 - PS3 Eye Multi-Camera API/SDK with Developers License for 2 Cameras

Beyond that we offer commercial licenses for extending and redistributing the SDK and using in commercial projects which can be purchased as packs here: http://codelaboratories.com/products/

We plan on adding Paypal shortly and we will enable it as default option. We really appreciate any support as it helps keep the project stable and we can even work on making it better.

Posted: 19 July 2014 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-07-18

Hi, thank you for answering quickly.

I’m developping an application using DirectShow webcams as input, so to use 4 eyetoys in this application do I only need the drivers or the full set drivers + SDK + 4 pack ?

I somehow felt this project was abandonned but it’s great to see it’s not.

edit: just bought both the driver and the SDK. the CL Eye Test and the SDK apps work fine, but I don’t see the eyetoys as directShow devices in my app. I’m using the AForge Open Source AI Vision library which is a fine piece of battletested software and works perfectly with other webcams so I’m guessing there is an issue with the directShow component, could that be possible ? (or should I perform some additionnal installation steps than just the installer ?)

edit2: I went in the code of the library and I believe it confirms there is an issue with the directShow Filter. The eyetoys aren’t properly registered as video capture source: the library calls to the windows COM API ICreateDevEnum::CreateClassEnumerator() with the proper CLSID category (I checked with a directShow filter display utility, it’s the good one for both the eye toys and my traditionnal webcam) and only the traditionnal webcam is returned but I have also 2 eye toys connected… Think you can help me on that one please ?

Posted: 19 July 2014 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-07-18

Another question for your next visit here, could you summarize how we will be able to proceed for massive distribution of products using your drivers ?

Posted: 23 July 2014 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

@Guillaume - Paypal and full https has been added. As for distribution we can work with companies to provide seamless integration. Feel free to contact us at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you have a product in need of distributing/integrating.

Posted: 24 July 2014 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-07-18

This is great news to see your reactivity.

Glad to know there is a way to distribute systems using your driver, will contact you when appropriate as we’re still in the PoC process.

Posted: 14 August 2014 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Guillaume, the the PS3Eye Driver exposes DirectShow camera interface. This is primarily meant to be used if you want to use your PS3Eye as a webcam. Because of these reasons, it is limited to one camera only.
On the other hand, if you require access to more cameras at the same time, we have created CL Eye Multicam library.
With multicam library, you can access and precisely control all parameters of your PS3Eye camera as well as access up to 16 cameras at the same time. Please take a look at the SDK code samples (C++, C#, Java) for more information on how to use the CL Eye Multicam library in your project.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed