Windows Kinect Driver/SDK - CL NUI Platform Release v1.0.0.1210
Posted: 05 January 2011 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-05
saldsj3 - 10 December 2010 01:07 PM

With the newest release the demo program pops up, and everything other than the image is work, led, motor, accelerometer.  I tried downloading visual C# 2010 and compiling it from source but ended up having a XAML parsing error if that helps. 

i ran into the same trouble. the xaml error was caused by a wrong dll version. since V1210 doesn’t give me any cam pictures under xp i switched back to V1121 after i (thoght i) uninstalled everything. the CLNUIDevice.dll V1210 was still present under c:\program files\code labs\... and did not get overwritten by the installation routine of V1121. so it’s actually not xaml mark up errors but null pointer exceptions caused by calls to the wrong dll (camera = CLNUIDevice.CreateCamera(); does not return a valid pointer).
i also deleted the windrvr6.sys in win/system32/drivers as well as the CLDevices.dll prior to installation (though that might be unnecessary).
now everything works like charm and way faster than the libfreenect / libusb stuff i have to say.

cheers,
TiM

Posted: 10 January 2011 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-10

Just had my very first venture into using this great library and thought I would share the results: http://www.sharpgis.net/post/2011/01/12/Fun-times-with-Kinect-and-WPF.aspx

Posted: 11 July 2011 12:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-10

Good read…  Thanks for passing it along.

Posted: 14 July 2011 02:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-13

Thank you for the information. Waiting for new info.

Posted: 20 July 2011 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-19

Thanks she not laying yet any day now. Thanks for the info

Posted: 24 November 2011 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-23

Hey,

how can i obtain the values from DepthFrameCorrected12 ? I want to use the ranges [0-2047] but instead i have to create bitmaps ect and the only thing i get are RGB Values from [0-255].

how can i iterate through the correct depth values? :/

especially when using the example NUIImage format, where you use the IntPtr to get the data.

I guess i have a lack of knowledge using C# with unsafe source, any help?
What i want to do is, to get the depth data to each pixel. sounds easy, but i dont have any idea how to get the true data and not the “BitmapSource” which only shows colored pics ... any help?

Posted: 05 February 2012 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-05

IMPORT(bool) GetNUICameraDepthFrameRAW(CLNUICamera cam, PUSHORT pData, int waitTimeout = 2000);

PUSHORT pData
is that depth value?
the maximum??
the minimum??

Posted: 20 June 2012 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-06-19
saldsj3 - 10 December 2010 01:07 PM

I’ve had quite a bit of difficulty getting the driver to work under Windows XP 32-bit.  Using the first released driver, the program refuses to run.  No error, no pop or anything.  With the newest release the demo program pops up, and everything other than the image is work, led, buy ball valve motor, accelerometer.  I tried downloading visual C# 2010 and compiling it from source but ended up having a XAML parsing error if that helps. 

I’ve had it working with the libfreenect drivers, but I needed a driver across all platoforms of Windows for a project.  I’ve made sure all libusb drivers are uninstalled, searched through the setup log, and currently three CL (audio,motor,camera) devices are present when the camera is plugged in.  I even tried it on a laptop that never had a kinect attached to it with the same results.  Other than a fresh install of XP do you have any suggestions?  And if I go the fresh install route, are there any minimum requirements I need to get it to work?  SP3 .NET 4 etc…

Thanks,

~Santiago

I am on a 64 bit though. So far the libfreenect driver is working fine with the new platform. I am excited to do my next project next month.

Posted: 14 May 2014 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-05-14

Just tried these drivers tonight. I can say I was less than impressed:

Image Attachments
wtf.png

3 of 3

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed