CL-Eye-Platform-SDK-Only 2 Cameras detected
Posted: 30 December 2009 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi Alex,

I’ve been getting aquantainted with your great new SDK since its release.
I was hoping you could point me in the right direction….

Using your Sample C++ code as a basis for testing,
2 Cameras work and are detected correctly. However when I connect 3 or 4 cameras (Each of which works perfectly independentaly) the API function “CLEyeGetCameraCount()” still will only return a camera count of 2.
Do you know what I’m doing wrong or what I need to do to get them detected and usable?

I’m running a fully updated Windows XP X86 machine.

Also i wanted to create a mosaic of the frames grabbed from my 4 cameras in one opencv window, would you please be able to give me a hint/basic idea as to what i need to do to achieve this. Currently each cameras grabbed frames are displyed in a seperate window.

I understand how busy you must be at this time, but any help, would be greatly appreciated smile

Regards,
Alan

Signature 

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it, build it and Open Source it!” http://www.alangunning.com

Posted: 30 December 2009 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
Gunning - 30 December 2009 01:10 PM

Hi Alex,

I’ve been getting aquantainted with your great new SDK since its release.
I was hoping you could point me in the right direction….

Using your Sample C++ code as a basis for testing,
2 Cameras work and are detected correctly. However when I connect 3 or 4 cameras (Each of which works perfectly independentaly) the API function “CLEyeGetCameraCount()” still will only return a camera count of 2.
Do you know what I’m doing wrong or what I need to do to get them detected and usable?

I’m running a fully updated Windows XP X86 machine.

Also i wanted to create a mosaic of the frames grabbed from my 4 cameras in one opencv window, would you please be able to give me a hint/basic idea as to what i need to do to achieve this. Currently each cameras grabbed frames are displyed in a seperate window.

I understand how busy you must be at this time, but any help, would be greatly appreciated grin

Regards,
Alan

Alan,

The current SDK is meant for development. We are currently looking into appropriate license for the distribution of the driver. The development CLEyeMulticam component is currently limited to two cameras as this will be enough to get you going. The distribution component will have no such limitation.
If you want to make multiple camera images on a single opencv window you would have to blend them into larger image yourself. In this case you would grab each camera image into a separate image and blend them into the one you would use to display.

AlexP

Posted: 31 December 2009 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2009-12-30

Alan,
Incase you get the multiple camera feed working, we can provide you SDK to stitch the videos in real time from different cameras. you could look at http://www.sitpl.com/#/Products/Surround Vision for more details.
Also you might want to see a few video outputs here http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E927A2684A0D49F8
let me know if you need any clarifications.

Posted: 02 January 2010 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply, now i know its not me doing something silly when i could only detect 2 cameras using the SDK grin

Do you have any idea when the licensing may be decided upon?

Since May of last year I have been monitoring the development of the PS3 EYe Multi driver in color, I am now conducting a Final Year Project which is very important to me, it involves the use of 4 PS3 Eye Cameras, this is not for commercial use (Maybe not even research use), do you think appropiate free licensing can be arranged for this type of scenario?

I hope that this issues will be resolved soon as my deadline is fast approaching and I came up with the project summer last year because i thought the driver would support 4 cameras :-(

I will be realeasing details of my project to the community as another use of the drivers not currently supported at the moment wink

I very much want to be a part of this new community, I’d like to help out if that ok grin maybe by firstly answering some peoples questions on problems i’ve discovered and found solutions to if that is ok??

Regards,
Alan

Signature 

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it, build it and Open Source it!” http://www.alangunning.com

Posted: 04 January 2010 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-09-17

Just a short note: we are working on the licensing issues right now and will have something substantive to post soon.

Posted: 11 January 2010 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28

Any update on the licensing issues regarding the use of more than 2 cameras for research/Non-Commercial use?

Heres hoping i’ll be able to use it for my University Project! grin

Signature 

Posted: 14 January 2010 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17
Gunning - 11 January 2010 12:43 PM

Any update on the licensing issues regarding the use of more than 2 cameras for research/Non-Commercial use?

Heres hoping i’ll be able to use it for my University Project! grin

We are working on it as we speak. It will come out soon (before the end of the month).

AlexP

Posted: 31 January 2010 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-01-24

Hi Alex,

I thought I’d give you a gentle reminder on this =D

Any news on the licensing details yet? I’m sure most of us wouldn’t mind to actually pay for it.. although two tiered license would be even better (cheaper for students on non-commercial project).

Thanks,
Minghadi

Posted: 05 February 2010 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi Alex,

Do you think its likely once you sort licencing issues that i’ll be able to use the sdk wit 4 cameras for non-commercial use in my college project?

Regards,
Alan

Signature 

Posted: 08 February 2010 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-24

Hi Gunning,

Just wondering, have you received any update on this issue?...

Thanks,
M.

Posted: 10 February 2010 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi minghadi,

I havn’t received an update yet on this issue yet but its looking good for the release of the new SDK.

Alex has just posted details of it here: Upcoming CL-Eye SDK Feature List

Heres hoping we’ll still be able to use it for free in my college project, I have my project program nearly complete but need to jus get the 3rd and 4th camera activated.

Regards,
Alan

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2010 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2010-02-15

Any update on when we can purchase the sdk to do more than two cameras. I don’t mind paying just need to get the restriction lifted so I can start working.

Posted: 16 February 2010 11:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-24

Hi Alex,

I’m on the same boat, it would be very much appreciated if you could give us certainty on this matter soon.

Thanks,
Minghadi

Posted: 20 February 2010 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

I am happy to announce the release of CL-Eye Platform Packs.

AlexP

Posted: 20 February 2010 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi Alex,

I am excited with this release.

I have been reading up about the packs. Am I correct in saying that if I want to use 4 cameras in my college project that I will need to buy the quad pack worth 4 credits?

Thanks for your help,
Alan

***EDIT

OK i’ve just succesfully purchased the quad pack!! grin

But just to let you know….

There is an error when trying to purchase using IE8.It wouldn’t work it kept returning an error while trying to reach the the paypal page saying ” Unable to decode merchant ID”

I changed to chrome and I was able to buy succesfully!

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2010 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-27

hi, ankit

Do you think u have trail version of sdk to try out

thanks

James

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed