Newest SDK
Posted: 20 February 2010 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2010-02-15

I just bought the 8 pack and I am trying to get a basic java viewer created and I think there may be an issue with in the binding to the CLEyeCreateCamera call.

Anytime I try to call that I get the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: CLCamera.CLEyeCreateCamera(IIII)I

Since the dll is loaded statically (which succeeds) the only thing I can think of is that the binding is wrong.

Looking forward to getting started.

Also is this where I go for support help for my purchased version?

Thanks!

Posted: 20 February 2010 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
thesmileman - 20 February 2010 05:23 PM

I just bought the 8 pack and I am trying to get a basic java viewer created and I think there may be an issue with in the binding to the CLEyeCreateCamera call.

Anytime I try to call that I get the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: CLCamera.CLEyeCreateCamera(IIII)I

Since the dll is loaded statically (which succeeds) the only thing I can think of is that the binding is wrong.

Looking forward to getting started.

Also is this where I go for support help for my purchased version?

Thanks!

Have you looked at the processing example? Are you using the CLCamera.java wrapper class in your code?
In the processing example the CLEyeMulticam.dll is loaded dynamically and bound to the API exported by this dll.
Remember if you are implementing your own wrapper that the namespace path has to be Java.cl.eye.CLCamera (this is due to the nature of how JNI works)
Take a look at the java source code in the SDK Samples directory for more info.

AlexP

Posted: 20 February 2010 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-15

I did change the package. I know that screws up jni (I feel like such an idiot because I have this problem every time I go back and do jni). I changed the wrapper class because I am not interest in the processing.org library. I wonder why you included that library? I haven’t heard much about it before so it seemed strange to be used here.

It would be nice to have some examples for Java other than the library. I will try to make one when I am done with my setup if you would like.

Thanks for the help.

Also thanks for charging a reasonable fee for your product as so many products seem outrageously priced and yours seems quite reasonable.

Posted: 20 February 2010 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

There is a ‘Support’ section in the forums that pertains to the questions and solutions regarding the SDK. Also you can go under ‘My Account -> My Support’ and ask question directly.
the reason why we included the wrapper for the Java Processing is since there is already a wrapper available developed by one of our users but it was using the old outdated version of the multicam. Moreover, the processing is being used by many of the users who are working in the field of multimedia and human computer interaction and who regularly visiting our site.
Since I am not a hardcore Java programmer it would be really great if you could share some of your code and examples that we could include in the SDK under Java code sample. This will greatly help other developers who are just starting with Java and image processing as well as those who plan on using this in their future projects.

AlexP

Posted: 21 February 2010 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-15

Thanks for the info. I do a considerable amount of image processing professionally in Java but I am fairly new to video processing. I would be glad to write a few examples in Java to help out others. I am starting to do a lot of OpenCL GPU programming which I obviously do i C but working in Java is so much faster to get GUIs up and running. Also I am much more familiar with Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) but I don’t know if the performance will be fast enough to do too much.

Anyway I will try to get some examples up and send them to you.

Side Note: It would be very helpful if the reply showed the posts which you are replying because sometimes it hard to reference what you are talking about specifically without seeing the other posts. Just a suggestion and I am sure it is a configuration option.

Posted: 21 February 2010 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Hey thesmileman,

When you do a post there should be an area below: Thread Review is this what you mean by showing the post?

Posted: 22 February 2010 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-15

“Fast reply” is doing what I want so no big deal.

I just wanted to see the other posts (such as yours you just made) while I am typing my response. The regular supply doesn’t seem to do this but it isn’t a problem for me now since I found out the fast reply works as I would like it too.

Posted: 22 February 2010 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2009-12-28

As Krism has already said when you are using regular reply if you click “+Thread Review” just under the “Submit Post” button it will expand and display the posts you are replying to.

Alan

Signature 

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it, build it and Open Source it!” http://www.alangunning.com

Posted: 22 February 2010 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-02-15

@KrisM and Gunning, thanks. Sorry it took two people for my brain to realize what to do. Thank you very much for the reply. Before I split two windows just so I could read what I was replying to. Thanks for taking the time to show me what should have been obvious. I feel really dumb.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed