How to capture from 2+ cameras with CL-Eye Platform Pack
Posted: 20 February 2010 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi Alex,

I have just purchased the Quad Platform Pack.
I have also downloaded the latest SDK Version: 1.1.0.0219.
I’m running on Windows XP x86 SP3.

I have run CL-Eye Device Manager.exe , my 4 cameras appear here and I have activated them all.

I am unable to capture from more than 2 cameras.
When I try run CLEyeMulticamTest.exe from the CL-Eye Platform SDK\Bin folder it will run and but only detects 2 cameras even when I have 4 cameras connect.

When I run CLEyeMulticamTest.exe from the CL-Eye Platform SDK\Redist folder it will run but only detects 1 camera even when I have 4 cameras connected. I have also tried running CL-Eye Device Manager.exe from within the dist folder but still can only detect 1 camera.

I have attached a screenshot just to confirm I have registered the cameras and the different version of CLEyeMulticam.dll in the DIST folder and the Bin folders.

Can you please let me know what I have to do to get 4 cameras running?

Regards,
Alan

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
 Signature 

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it, build it and Open Source it!” http://www.alangunning.com

Posted: 20 February 2010 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28

I have also tested this on Windows 7 Professional x86

I still am unable to detect more than 2 cameras.

What does CL-Eye Device Manager modify in order to enable the number of cameras that have been activated?

Signature 

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it, build it and Open Source it!” http://www.alangunning.com

Posted: 20 February 2010 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Hey Gunning thanks for the purchase smile

I’ll let Alex answer this fully but I’ll give a whirl.

What you have to do now is open one of the provided SDK examples and simply add the 2 extra cameras to the code. I believe right now the SDK examples are hard-coded to run two cameras (could be dependant on language)...

Your best bet is do in C++ or WPF Sample Applications and make sure you target the redist version of the dll (CL-Platform SDK/Redist/CLEyeMulticam.dll)

In the upcoming days we’ll be adding some more SDK samples which will show full pack usage, we’ll keep you posted.

Posted: 20 February 2010 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28
KrisM - 20 February 2010 01:29 PM

What you have to do now is open one of the provided SDK examples and simply add the 2 extra cameras to the code. I believe right now the SDK examples are hard-coded to run two cameras (could be dependant on language)...

Your best bet is do in C++ or WPF Sample Applications and make sure you target the redist version of the dll (CL-Platform SDK/Redist/CLEyeMulticam.dll)

Hi krism,

Thanks for your response.

I am testing using both the sample multicam c++ application and my own written test application.

The problem is when I do use the correct redist version of the dll (CL-Platform SDK/Redist/CLEyeMulticam.dll)

int numCams CLEyeGetCameraCount(); 

is returning only 1 camera.

When I use the dll (CL-Platform SDK/Bin/CLEyeMulticam.dll) it will return a camera count of 2 as expected.

How come when I use the redist version of the dll it will only return a camera count of 1, eventhough I have 4 cameras connected and all are activated in the CL-EYE Device Manager?    (All camears work perfectly independently)

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2010 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Alan,

First of all thank you for activating the cameras. I apologize about this, in between testing right before the release I must have missed to update one of the files. The new version of the SDK (v1.1.0.0220) that fixes this bug will be up shortly. You will be able to use all your activated cameras with the redistributable build of the CLEyeMulticam.dll. Thanks again for pointing this out.

Update: The CL-Eye Platform SDK v1.1.0.0220 is up in the downloads section now.

AlexP

Posted: 20 February 2010 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick response. The updated SDK has fixed the issue grin

Regards,
Alan

Signature 

Posted: 28 February 2010 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-01-24

Hi Alex,

Excellent… it works nicely now (using /Redist/CLEyeMultiCam.dll).

But.., just want to let you know, I downloaded the latest SDK today, and the minor copy problem still exist though (the DLL in CL-Eye Platform SDK/Bin) is still the buggy one. 

Cheers,
Minghadi

Posted: 01 March 2010 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi minghadi,

Sorry I just seen your post at:
CL-Eye-Platform-SDK-Only 2 Cameras detected

@Gunning: Could you share your experience a bit? At least letting others know if you’ve got it working without any glitch.

I can report that I purchased the quad pack and I have been successfully been able to register and use my 4 cameras (using Redist/CLEyeMultiCam.dll). You must however download the latest SDK version.

I don’t think there is a problem with the DLL in CL-Eye Platform SDK/Bin folder.
I believe that only two cameras are enabled in this dll (as in earlier SDK releases) to allow you to test it without commiting to buying a platform pack blindly.

In order to use more than 2 cameras you must then use the CLEyeMultiCam.dll in the Redist folder. And in order to use this version legally you must purchase one of the platform packs to obtain a valid licence for the use of each camera with it.

I will let AlexP or Krism confirm this.

Regards,
Alan

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2010 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Alan,

You are absolutely right. The development version of CLEyeMultiCam.dll in the ‘CL-Eye Platform SDK/Bin’ is limited to two cameras, regardless of their activation status. This dll is meant for you to evaluate the API and its usage in your project.
If you have all your cameras activated and want to start by rewriting the examples using more than two cameras, a simple thing you could do is copy the redist version of CLEyeMultiCam.dll from the ‘CL-Eye Platform SDK/Redist’ folder into your ‘CL-Eye Platform SDK/Bin’ folder. This will then allow to use all of the activated cameras.

@minghadi, I didn’t see your other post in ‘CL-Eye-Platform-SDK-Only 2 Cameras detected’ until the previous post. Is this the ‘bug’ you are talking about?

AlexP

Posted: 01 March 2010 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-01-24

Yup, thanks all for the prompt reply. It was my misunderstanding, thinking that the one in /bin should be the same as the one in /redist.
Although, I personally think that it probably be better mentioned somewhere more visible (readme file perhaps?).

Thanks,
M.

Posted: 19 April 2010 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-02-23

This is a ugly pitfall !
After purchasing the quadpack i also run into this issue. mad
This is only wasted time and should be better documented.

Posted: 21 April 2010 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Sorry about that. In the next release of the SDK, we will add more detailed description of steps on how to get the activated multi-camera system going.

Posted: 07 February 2012 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-03

Hi Alex,

I hope you’re still onto this stuff, since it’s a pretty old topic.
I downloaded the latest SDK and purchased the 8-pack.
Now I also bumped into this problem that limits the use to two cameras.
However I use the .lib in the /Lib folder, not the .dll.
Is there any way to fix this really fast?

Best regards, Thijs

Posted: 07 February 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Copy the dll from your /redist folder and use this with you application as the one in /bin is for development/evaluation only.

AlexP

RandomStudio - 07 February 2012 03:07 AM

Hi Alex,

I hope you’re still onto this stuff, since it’s a pretty old topic.
I downloaded the latest SDK and purchased the 8-pack.
Now I also bumped into this problem that limits the use to two cameras.
However I use the .lib in the /Lib folder, not the .dll.
Is there any way to fix this really fast?

Best regards, Thijs

Posted: 08 February 2012 12:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-03

I changed the path in the environment variables (since I don’t reference the .dll from my project)
from ~\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Bin
to ~\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Redist
It works now, thanks!
Thijs

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed