Video works great. Audio produces massive static noise. What’s the fix?
Posted: 20 August 2015 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2015-08-20

I purchased your driver because I’m using the PS3Eye as an IR sensor for head tracking, which after modification (i.e. butchering the optics) works amazingly well. However all I get from the audio side of the driver is peak levels of random static. Windows 7/64 acknowledges the microphone and all of the drivers appear to be operating correctly but no audio is being delivered to applications just max level static. If you look at the Windows microphone device window the VU meter associated with the mic is pegged to max so it’s not an application thing. If I open CL-Eye test (which is working perfectly) and select Options/Audio Capture Filter and uncheck Pin Line Input Mix Enable it kills the static but it also kills the mic completely. Also all of the parameter adjustments are greyed out and cannot be adjusted. Is there a fix for this or is the audio side broken? I’ve re-installed the driver three times and moved the camera to two of my USB busses. I am running V5.3.0.0341.

The PS3 Eye makes a great IR tracker sensor but I’d love to use the mic for a Skype session during Wing operations in Elite Dangerous.

Hopefully someone will get back to me,

regards, Paul.

Also

Posted: 29 August 2017 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-08-29
Paul A Bryant - 20 August 2015 10:19 AM

I purchased your driver because I’m using the PS3Eye as an IR sensor for head tracking, which after modification (i.e. butchering the optics) works amazingly well. However all I get from the audio side of the driver is peak levels of random static. Windows 7/64 acknowledges the microphone and all of the drivers appear to be operating correctly but no audio is being delivered to applications just max level static. If you look at the Windows microphone device window the VU meter associated with the mic is pegged to max so it’s not an application thing. If I open CL-Eye test (which is working perfectly) and select Options/Audio Capture Filter and uncheck Pin Line Input Mix Enable it kills the static but it also kills the mic completely. Also all of the parameter adjustments are greyed out and cannot be adjusted. Is there a fix for this or is the audio side broken? I’ve re-installed the driver three times and moved the camera to two of my USB busses. I am running V5.3.0.0341.

The PS3 Eye makes a great IR tracker sensor but I’d love to use the mic for a Skype session during Wing operations in Elite Dangerous.

Hopefully someone will get back to me,

regards, Paul.

Also

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed