Device Manager Broken on Windows 8.1
Posted: 10 February 2015 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-01-29

I have been trying to activate my cameras on a Windows 8.1 system but the device manager does not appear to be working.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the driver and SDK, installing with driver signing disabled, and running as administrator, all with the same results: when I run the device manager and login to my CL account, I get a script error and and all I see is the CL website embedded inside the Device Manager. I have attached a sequence of screen shots showing the failure mode.

I submitted a help ticket 4 days ago but have not heard back and my employer is getting impatient for results so I tried installing it on a Windows 7 system.  The experience was totally different.  After installing the driver and SDK, I opened the Device Manager, logged in to my CL account, and was immediately presented with an “Activate” button next to the cameras installed on the system. 

Has anyone been able to get the Device Manager to work on Windows 8.1?  If not, then I will probably have to purchase a Windows 7 license for my client’s computer.

Image Attachments
broken-device-manager.png

Posted: 15 February 2015 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-02-15

Having this same issue.

Driver is 5.3.0.0341

SDK is 1.6.4.0028

Posted: 20 February 2015 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-11-27

Had the same issue. The problem seems to occur when multiple cameras are connected via usb hub.
Try connecting cameras directly to the computer (connect and activate one at a time if neccessary). It helped in my case.

Posted: 20 February 2015 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-01-29

Jakub, thanks for the suggestion but in my case the cameras are plugged into a PCIe USB expansion card since the motherboard does not have enough USB ports to support the number of cameras I need.  In the meantime,  I reformatted the computer with Windows 7 since then as it seemed like the only solution to the problem.  Windows 7 has no problem activating the cameras using the exact same hardware configuration.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed