Application List. Application’s working and not working properly with the PS3Eye.
Posted: 31 August 2012 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2009-12-23

hey, I’ve noticed that Yahoo Messenger still does not read the PS3Eye for Camera Use, but it does read the Mic from it.
Another Program i have been seeing people move too is ooVoo(supposedly because you can multi-Cam Chat for free unlike Skype). but any ways, the PS3Eye is not read on it at all. but i did only test that on WinXP 32-bit.

there is a couple other’s that either only read one or the other of the options or don’t read it at all. even some site related web chats. works fine on facebook calls actually.

Stumbled upon something a while back that can be done to make yahoo read the PS3Eye fully but never found anything positive about it nor how to do it.

any ways, i’m hoping these will be updated or something and i would also like people to post sites and other programs that may not work for them and i’ll test them out on my “Windows Xp Pro SP3 32-bit/86-bit” and my “Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit”.

so ANY and EVERYONE who knows of a Program/Instant Messenger/Web Cam Chat Program Post in here and i’ll give it a test and see if it works or not. same thing with any web site that allows Video and/or Audio. i would like to try to verify these things for people as well, this should possibly help with information too. i will also try to update this main post with the applications that do not work and what does work.
also make sure to only post ONE of the same thing mentioned, unless you have more info about it or something because i don’t want it to be spammed basically. like i have already mentioned Yahoo Messenger, Skype, ooVoo. so unless you have more info about these, don’t re-post them. Questions are fine as well.
i know this same thing has been posted for a while now, but the last time i read it, it says yahoo works when ONLY the mic works on it. so i’m just wanting to be a bit more specific and detailed i guess…

Updates:

(UPDATE-9/1/2012 3:20AM Just Tested MSN/Windows Live)
(UPDATE-9/1/2012 4:50AM Just Tested Justin.tv)
(UPDATE-9/1/2012 6:30AM Just Tested XSplit Broadcaster)
(UPDATE-9/9/2012 6:05AM Just Tested AIM(AOL Instant Messenger)

[Note]
Anything that uses Adobe Flash Player seems to Fully Work and work just fine Using the PS3Eye(PSEye)

Lists:

Fully Working:

Skype [Video & Audio]
Facebook (Site)[Video & Audio]
Trillian [Video & Audio]
Xfire [Video & Audio]
Steam [Only Allows Audio]
TeamViewer [Video & Audio]
MSN/Windows Live [Video & Audio]
Justin.tv (Site)[Video & Audio]
XSplit Broadcaster [Video & Audio]
AIM(AOL Instant Messenger) [Video & Audio]

————————————————————————-

Partially Working:

Yahoo Messenger [Audio ONLY]

————————————————————————-

Not Working:

ooVoo [Does Not Read/Detect PS3Eye]

(UPDATE) For Skype User’s.
For those of you who can not get your PS3Eye to work on any Skype Version above 5.0 you may have to revert back to an Older Version of Skype. I will have a link to a site that will allow you to Download ANY Version of Skype you want.
This site contains Skype Version’s 0.90 to 5.10
http://www.oldversion.com/Skype.html

[EDIT]
The Latest Skype Version i can get the PS3Eye to work perfectly fine on is Skype 5.10.0.115

[EDIT]
New CL Driver Version!!!
CL-Eye-Driver-5.3.0.0341
This Version works with Skype 6.0

I Hope this Helps.

Signature 

BOBCAMOUrbanCAMOLogo600.jpg
Got Questions?
Just ask it! smile

Posted: 18 September 2012 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-18

Many Skype users hate the new 5.* versions and still use older versions. I use 4.2.0.187 which freezes with the latest PS3Eye drivers and then crashes.

Posted: 25 September 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2009-12-23
shenson - 18 September 2012 03:20 PM

Many Skype users hate the new 5.* versions and still use older versions. I use 4.2.0.187 which freezes with the latest PS3Eye drivers and then crashes.

what’s the reason why every one uses the older version? i’m always updating it since i mainly use it for Video Chats.
i USE to play a Chess game that they DID have on there, but they took it away. it was kinda like Battle Chess thing going on.

Signature 

BOBCAMOUrbanCAMOLogo600.jpg
Got Questions?
Just ask it! smile

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed