Possible Reason’s for PS3Eye Not Installing and/or Working Properly.
Posted: 07 September 2011 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2009-12-23

I hope this is the right area to post this… sorry if it isn’t…

This may only be for WinXP OS User’s.

I have been getting emails of people not being able to install the PS3Eye correctly nor working, and then noticed most people don’t have these installed and they seemed to have worked for the few i helped.

here are the programs you may need to install…

Windows Updates Downloaded and Installed.
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
(if you’d want to as well, you can also get “Microsoft .NET Framework 4.”)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

it’s seems like any thing to do with the PS3 stuff is needing and/or wanting those installed, like when trying to make you’re own PS3 or even PSP theme it want’s a couple of those installed. i have noticed that these are actually pretty important for some programs and what not to work and perform better or properly.

make sure that you’re hardware driver’s are installed because that can cause problems as well.

another thing I’ve stood by is CCleaner which you can download below.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
make sure to run the registry cleaner because having a lot of registry problems and/or un-used entries can even cause the BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death).

Once you get some of this done, try installing the CLEye again and hopefully it should work.

EDIT:
Make Sure to do the Windows Updates Before and/or AFTER you’ve installed some of the things i mentioned. Reason being, after installing these you may need to update them and the Windows Update will find them

Signature 

BOBCAMOUrbanCAMOLogo600.jpg
Got Questions?
Just ask it! smile

Posted: 16 September 2011 03:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Thanks for sharing this Bobcamo, I’ll make sure this gets marked as sticky for future reference smile

Posted: 16 September 2011 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-23
KrisM - 16 September 2011 03:13 AM

Thanks for sharing this Bobcamo, I’ll make sure this gets marked as sticky for future reference smile

oh ok, sweet thanks.
i really do hope this does help at least some…

Signature 

Got Questions?
Just ask it! smile

Posted: 17 September 2011 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-09-17

when I run CL Test it works

When I run Skype it doesn’t see the camera

When I run CL Manager it wants to activate my device.  But the login I provide doesn’t work

any suggestions?  I am trying to use this camera with Skype

Posted: 24 September 2011 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-23
tinaeboyd - 17 September 2011 08:27 AM

when I run CL Test it works

When I run Skype it doesn’t see the camera

When I run CL Manager it wants to activate my device.  But the login I provide doesn’t work

any suggestions?  I am trying to use this camera with Skype

well i personally haven’t had any problems when using skype other than the whole freezing every couple mins of use, but i think that was the driver and they fixed it.
um… i usually ignore the CL Manager as well.
go into “Tools>Options” then where it say’s “Audio Settings” under the “General” Tab and look in the Drop Down menu of Microphone, and make sure it’s set to “USB Camera”, that will be the PS3Eye’s Microphone.
next, click on the tab “Video Settings” and make sure that it’s set to “PS3Eye Camera” and if it’s working you should be seeing the video of the camera below it. once you have done that, hit Save at the bottom right of the window. and there ya go, should be working just fine.
also, some times you may have to have every thing hooked up and ready before loading or opening Skype for it to see it. um… if that doesn’t work or you’ve tried that… I’m lost at this moment… haven’t had problems my self for a while and haven’t been keeping up on helping people as much and what not. but it could be something small and stupid we’re missing lol. but i have known there is a couple setting’s in the CL-Eye app that you may have to mess with for it too work properly as well.

any who, if this doesn’t help nor work for ya, i can try to help you through skype if you’d like.

-BOBCAMO

Signature 

Got Questions?
Just ask it! smile

Posted: 25 September 2011 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-16

I’ve downloaded CL Eye Driver and when I turn on the test I’m able to see myself but audio doesn’t work, same thing when I test the video on skype, it works but when I test the mic I do hear myself (barely) but it’s very slow and garbled. I checked my computer> device manager> and PS3 Camera is listed under Code Lab devices but under sound, video and game controllers doesn’t have PS3 listed or USB devices, what should I do to get the mic to work, I’m running windows XP service pack 3.

Posted: 25 September 2011 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-23
devious20000 - 25 September 2011 05:06 PM

I’ve downloaded CL Eye Driver and when I turn on the test I’m able to see myself but audio doesn’t work, same thing when I test the video on skype, it works but when I test the mic I do hear myself (barely) but it’s very slow and garbled. I checked my computer> device manager> and PS3 Camera is listed under Code Lab devices but under sound, video and game controllers doesn’t have PS3 listed or USB devices, what should I do to get the mic to work, I’m running windows XP service pack 3.

I’m using the Same OS. i went to check my Device Manager as well and mine doesn’t show nothing PS3 or PS3Eye under the “Sound, Video and Game Controllers” but i do have something that shows up as “USB Audio Device” but that might not be it.
but under the “CodeLabs Devices” it only shows “PS3Eye Camera” so yours is showing the same as mine so far i believe.

try this though.
open the “CL-Eye Test” with the PS3Eye plugged in. and then click on the Tab “Devices” and in the drop down menu, make sure these are Selected/Check marked,  “PS3Eye Camera” and something that looks like this “USB Camera-xx.xx.xx.x” that one is you’re audio.
now go to the Tab “Capture” and in the drop down menu make sure “Capture Audio” is Selected/Check Marked. in the same tab go to “Master Stream” and Select/Check Mark “None”, then close it and test it on Skype.
that’s the way i have mine all set up and what not. now if you’re still getting delay with the audio try putting the Master Stream to Audio and see if that may help. if you need or want me to help ya on skype you can add my “Help Line” ID lol.

Skype ID:  BOBCAMO_hentai_and_furry

Signature 

Got Questions?
Just ask it! smile

Posted: 28 September 2011 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-16

Thanks for the info I tried what you told me, under CL Eye Test > devices> PS# Camer is checked but nothing pertaining to USB, it leads me to believe that the PS Eye Camer was installed for video and not for audio, also I checked under capture , and capture Audio is grayed out, I checked my computer> device manager> and under sound, v ideo and game controllers I don’t have anything that says USB Audio device. Not sure what other drivers I need, I went unto HP’s web site and updated all the drivers and still getting this issue, let me know what else I should try, thanks.

Posted: 28 September 2011 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-23
devious20000 - 28 September 2011 06:27 PM

Thanks for the info I tried what you told me, under CL Eye Test > devices> PS# Camer is checked but nothing pertaining to USB, it leads me to believe that the PS Eye Camer was installed for video and not for audio, also I checked under capture , and capture Audio is grayed out, I checked my computer> device manager> and under sound, v ideo and game controllers I don’t have anything that says USB Audio device. Not sure what other drivers I need, I went unto HP’s web site and updated all the drivers and still getting this issue, let me know what else I should try, thanks.

well try to install some of the things i said in the main post of this thread, the programs in Red Text are what i’m meaning. ALSO. make sure to post on here what one or which one’s worked.
but basically it seems like it’s just not installing the CL driver correctly… and this did happen to some one who emailed me for help and i mentioned about installing those and after he did install a few he said it worked, but i tried emailing him back on which one’s he installed for it to work and he never replied back, so… yeah…
but i hope something in there actually helps.

Signature 

Got Questions?
Just ask it! smile

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed