Here’s a question for anyone who can answer
Posted: 26 January 2011 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-26

I recently sent my laptop off for repairs, and my father has lent me his computer. I decided Hey, I’ll see if I can get the PS Eye camera to work on the computer so I can have a webcam. I looked around on the internet, and every single place has redirected me to here.

My first thought of course is “Holy cow! This must be a popular program that works well.” I’ve had no luck with the initial set up of the drivers. The program installs fully, I can open up the test, and the included device manager. but when I plug my PS Eye into the computer, it starts installing the drivers, and just comes up USB Human Interface Device. Nothing on my computer, not even the Eye Test program will recognize that I even have the PS Eye plugged in.

Is there any possible way to get this to work? I’ve tried going into the device manager, and scanning for hardware changes, I’ve tried the PS Eye in 3 different USB ports, and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software. Please help, I am really hoping to get this to work!

Posted: 31 January 2011 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

You may wanna install the drivers manually: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-install-hardware-or-device-drivers-manually-in-windows-vista/

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed