Kinect: No Camera or Audio Detected, just Motor
Posted: 13 December 2010 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-06-14

Hi all,
I got a problem, that started after I got a blue screen, on 32-bit xp box using the latest driver.
Now when I insert the kinect usb, only the NUI Motor is detected and not Audio nor Camera.
Everything is in-place, usb and power, and I tried both the new driver as well as the older one.
Do you think the blue screen I got, damaged the cams?
Any work-arounds?

Thanx,
Yanis

Posted: 13 December 2010 01:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-12-13

Im having a similar issue. Only the NUI Motor Driver seems to install. I had this working on Friday using the OpenKinect drivers. I was able to move the motor on windows. I then used VmWare to pass the 3 devices on to OSX.  Now regardless of what I do, I can only get a motor driver to install. In device manager, before I installed Cl I chose Uninstall on the device and told it to Delete Driver software as well. 

The sample app will not even move the motor. It is reading the accelerometer data and changes the LED.  I have tried this with two kinects now. Both are working when plugged in to the XBOX, but when I plug them into the PC only the motor driver is installing. 

Any one else experiencing this issue?

——————EDIT——————

Well as it turns out, the Kinect needs power to work *facepalm*.  I had it plugged into a controlled outlet with no controller i.e. no power. USB appears to power it enough for accelerometer and the LED…

Hopefully you get your problem fixed as well gatas

Posted: 13 December 2010 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-06-14
Drew Greenwell - 13 December 2010 01:14 PM

Well as it turns out, the Kinect needs power to work *facepalm*.  I had it plugged into a controlled outlet with no controller i.e. no power. USB appears to power it enough for accelerometer and the LED…

Hopefully you get your problem fixed as well gatas

Been there Drew, I know how it feels! :-p
However on my case, there is indeed power in the socket. Tomorrow i m gonna hook it up on xbox and try it there, and udate here accordingly.

Thanx,
Yanis

——-UPDATE————-
It turns out i did fry the power Supply of the Kinect, not even the supply’w adaptor led lights up, so Drew is right. Detection of only the motor, and not the cameras, is a sign that there is something wrong with power.

Posted: 16 December 2010 07:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-12-16

Hi gatas and Drew I don t think that is related to the power or the Kinect. The problem is that SDK is not well adapted with windows XP, I have the same problem explained by gatas with XP. No worries, because I tested this SDK with my new Kinect that I never used. there is a bug on the SDk i’m sure, but i can’t fixed because I don’t know where is the problem on that

I hope that someone helps us guys !

Posted: 18 December 2010 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-18

I had the same problem with windows vista 32 bit… I had to make sure that EVERY windows update was installed before it would work…Now it does work but with some noise on both the cameras…..

Posted: 04 January 2011 02:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-04

I have the same problem with Windows XP, does any1 has been able to solve the problem?

Posted: 06 January 2011 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-06

Hi guys!

I have the same problem too… using for example CLNUIDeviceTest I can only use the motor, not camera and audio. Drivers are well installed… if someone has a solution it would be wonderfull raspberry

Posted: 08 January 2011 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-08
jotaraul - 06 January 2011 05:34 AM

I have the same problem too… using for example CLNUIDeviceTest I can only use the motor, not camera and audio. Drivers are well installed…

i have the same problem, one can see the left side is black and right is white, obviously there is something wrong!
any help would be appreciated.
EDIT: well now i look like a fool, mine just started working

Posted: 26 January 2011 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-26

Same problem here on XP. I can control motor and read accelerometer. I’m disappointed, hopefully the SDK will support XP soon…please!

Posted: 15 February 2011 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-14

I had the same problem on a macbook pro running xp32. I solved it by using the old driver
—> http://www.mediafire.com/?4bfjho9nbbk4jrh

make sure you uninstall the first (but newer) driver before you install the old driver.

While you install the driver you may get asked if you want to replace the existing file “windrvr6.sys” .

I did not do this and used the existing one… because of this thread: http://vvvv.org/contribution/kinect

good luck!

Posted: 25 November 2011 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-23

Hi community,
I had the same problem on XP with the latest driver (no camera, black screen at running CLNUIDeviceTest), but using the older version workes well (I didn’t check the audio device). By the way, we replaced the newer drivers within the installing procedure.
Greetings, Marion.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed