Multicam use in whatever application (select PS3Eye #1, PS3 Eye #2)
Posted: 15 September 2010 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-14

Can I somehow attach multiple cameras and use them in any application (I do NOT mean multiple cameras stitched together, but to select which one I want to use for which purpose (“PS3Eye #1”, “PS3Eye #2”, ...), as if I attach multiple different USB-Cameras)?
Could this work with the SDK, or will it be possible with the “CL-Eye Platform Pack” licenses?

In my special case now I want to use multiple cameras with vvvv (node-based programming) ....

thx for any idea

Image Attachments
camera_dropdown.png

Posted: 15 September 2010 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Do you mean to use one camera for say an instant messaging application and another for a live stream?
I would say that its not possible. having tested it using flash media live encoder, only one camera is selected when the PS3 Eye camera is selected as there is only one option in the drop down. I would say the camera instances would have to be separately named somehow so that they are independent of each other.

I’m Pretty new to these forums and the CL-Eye SDK etc, so it hopefully someone else with a little more experience can help answer.

Posted: 15 September 2010 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-14

no, i want to use two cameras in the same application, but i only can use both of them, if I can select them from the dropdown menu.
I suppose, if they would show up as different cams in the dropdown i would be able to use them. Now it just randomly selects one of the two cameras… The other one does not respond (but i can use both in the Multicam-Test-App from Platform SDK).

Posted: 15 September 2010 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

It might be a worthy feature request for the driver.

Posted: 16 September 2010 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-12

I have the same problem in MAX/MSP/Jitter. Should I buy the “CL-Eye Platform Pack” licenses? Thanks!

Posted: 16 September 2010 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

The CL-Eye DirectShow component supports only one camera source. So any program that uses DirectShow to capture video will see only one camera.
You could accomplish a multi-camera functionality by using the CL-Eye Platform SDK to develop an input component for your application. This can then expose unlimited camera sources to your app.

AlexP

Posted: 16 September 2010 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-12

Thx Alex for the fast reply. I need to get 4 camera working in MAX/MSP/Jitter. So, if I got Quad Pack, that’s still don’t support multicam function in the direct show component?

Posted: 29 September 2010 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-01-02
honhim - 16 September 2010 10:34 AM

Thx Alex for the fast reply. I need to get 4 camera working in MAX/MSP/Jitter. So, if I got Quad Pack, that’s still don’t support multicam function in the direct show component?

Correct.

I’m waiting for this feature too.

Posted: 01 March 2011 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-27

Hello

I am trying to stitch 4 Cameras with the CL Studio Lit and Quad Pack . I could do that some how utilizing transform and DS Proxy to feed the CCV.

The problem is that the resulting resolution is always 640 x 480 . It is supposed to be 2*640 x 2*480 any help , any other tool that can do so ?

Thank you

Posted: 29 June 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-06-29
AlexP - 16 September 2010 08:54 AM

The CL-Eye DirectShow component supports only one camera source. So any program that uses DirectShow to capture video will see only one camera.
You could accomplish a multi-camera functionality by using the CL-Eye Platform SDK to develop an input component for your application. This can then expose unlimited camera sources to your app.

AlexP

Alex,

now that answers my main concern about buying the Platform Pack, and not in a promising manner. I would merely inquire if this has changes since 2010, at least for the Platform Packs, and if that’s not the case, could you see this to be available in the near future? LabVIEW, and its IMAQdx is dependent on the DirectShow component I am afraid, whether using VisionExpress or the core IMAQdx VIs.

If DirectShow component mult-cam access, at least in the Platform Packs that I among hundreds of LabVIEW users would be happy to pay for, can be implemented without too much effort, I think it would be well worth it, if it hasn’t been done since 2010, that is. If it has, could you let us know?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed