I really dont get this PS3 Eye thing
Posted: 14 July 2010 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-07-14

1. Nothing is showing up with in my camera sound and image are both blank!

2. Im trying to activate my camera (if thats what your supposed to do anyway) and it says i dont have enough credits?! What is that about!????!!!!

Posted: 15 July 2010 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-08

Have you installed it properly? Are you using Windows 7?

You don’t need to activate the camera to make it work.

Posted: 16 July 2010 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-07-16

Um. Hello! I am new here and I would like to know which version or package should I download first from this for my PS3Eye? I mean I am new to PS3Eye because I just got it from UPS today.

What do I need to know…? I mean where do I start off first? You know, step-by-step? Also, I do have Windows 7 Ultimate… Thanx!

Posted: 17 July 2010 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

You don’t have to activate your camera for it to work for webcam use.
However, the camera must be plugged in the USB 2.0 port (preferably at the back of your PC).
To test the camera run the ‘CL-Eye Test’ app on your desktop (assuming you have successfully installed the ‘CL-Eye Platform Driver’).
If you can see the camera working in the CL-Eye Test app, the install was successful.

AlexP

Posted: 20 July 2010 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-20

I installed it correctly, I have the PS3 Eye Test option, and have the camera selected. The red light on the camera comes on, but the picture is still blank, and no sound.

Posted: 23 July 2010 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-22

Please help :( *pouts* I installed it and it worked on Yahoo.  Next time I got on, it tested okay but wouldn’t run on Yahoo or anywhere else because it said I didn’t have enough credits.  Please explain, I am at a loss.  Still searching forums, but asked here.  Thanks in advance !

~Starblayze~

Signature 

“Game recognize game grandad, and you lookin’ mighty unfamiliar right about now” -Riley: Boondocks-

Posted: 30 July 2010 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Starblayze have you tried un-plugging the camera and plugging back in? It may be helpful if you re-install the CL-Eye Driver assuring that you follow the on-screen instructions which tell you unplug during installation.

Also what is the hardware/os you are running? Also does the camera show up under your device manager?

Posted: 16 February 2012 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-16

same issue with me also.  the camera is installed, I can see it in the manager, I can see it in the device manager both lights are on red and blue but no image at all.

any ideas why?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed