I’m apparently a retard…
Posted: 11 January 2010 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-01-11

Hello, and sorry for being “that guy,” but I’m fairly far from tech-savvy and I can’t figure out how to record or save videos to my PC with CL-EYE. I’ve properly installed the driver and I managed to record and watch a few sample videos, but when I went to record longer stuff and play it back in WMP, things didn’t work.

Basically, here’s what I can tell you. If you’re willing to talk a n00b through their troubles, I’d be quite grateful.

PC: Windows 7 (x64), legal, up-to-date. No viruses, etc.

Really, all I’m looking to learn how to do is record 10-minute videos of myself playing a video game off-screen in my bedroom, so I can post some tutorials on Youtube. Gaming I can figure out. A driver for recording video through a PSEye that doesn’t come with any sort of instructions, I cannot.

I seem to be able to capture sample videos and only sample videos. Any time I try to save the capture, the file turns out to have 0 kb in it, making it an empty shell with a file name. Worse, if I go to capture more footage after that, it gives me some error message about not being able to start a graph, and I have to close and reopen the program to record again.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I’d appreciate tips on how to get around it. :/ It’s frustrating having this tool available and not knowing how to use it.

Posted: 02 February 2010 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-09-17
Chosen_Gnome - 11 January 2010 05:41 PM

Hello, and sorry for being “that guy,” but I’m fairly far from tech-savvy and I can’t figure out how to record or save videos to my PC with CL-EYE. I’ve properly installed the driver and I managed to record and watch a few sample videos, but when I went to record longer stuff and play it back in WMP, things didn’t work.

Basically, here’s what I can tell you. If you’re willing to talk a n00b through their troubles, I’d be quite grateful.

PC: Windows 7 (x64), legal, up-to-date. No viruses, etc.

Really, all I’m looking to learn how to do is record 10-minute videos of myself playing a video game off-screen in my bedroom, so I can post some tutorials on Youtube. Gaming I can figure out. A driver for recording video through a PSEye that doesn’t come with any sort of instructions, I cannot.

I seem to be able to capture sample videos and only sample videos. Any time I try to save the capture, the file turns out to have 0 kb in it, making it an empty shell with a file name. Worse, if I go to capture more footage after that, it gives me some error message about not being able to start a graph, and I have to close and reopen the program to record again.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I’d appreciate tips on how to get around it. :/ It’s frustrating having this tool available and not knowing how to use it.

Hello,

I’ll be happy to help you figure this out.

Let’s do this step-by-step: what application are you using to record your video, and have you tried using the latest version of the driver that is available for download?

Nik

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed