Streaming simultaneously from two Kinects
Posted: 19 January 2011 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-19

Hi everyone,

I bought a Kinect a while ago and used it with your SDK just fine. In the latest release,
the function calls allow for more than one Kinect stream at once, by using the serial
number to discriminate between them. So I bought another one, both installed fine.

The problem is that I can’t get the camera on the second Kinect started. When I run
CLNUIDeviceTest, it pops up two windows, one of which has correct feeds (color and depth)
but the other one doesn’t; however, the accelerometer feed works and LED control works as well.

Any ideas why the second camera won’t start? Any hint/help will be appreciated greatly!

My OS is Windows 7 32 bit.

Thanks,
Paul

P.S. Amazing job on the SDK so far!

Posted: 20 January 2011 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Do you have hardware specs? Also it may be good to try and use different USB ports as running 2 Kinects on the same bus is not the best idea.

Posted: 21 January 2011 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-19

KrisM,

Thank you for your reply. I solved the problem on my desktop by buying a PCI
USB 2.0 controller. One Kinect streams more than half of the USB 2.0 bandwidth
which is why you need two controllers.

If you have a laptop with one on-board USB controller, the only option that I know
of is to use an expresscard USB 2.0 controller or a similar expansion slot.

Thanks!
Paul

Posted: 22 January 2011 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2010-02-15
rmi226 - 21 January 2011 06:55 PM

KrisM,

Thank you for your reply. I solved the problem on my desktop by buying a PCI
USB 2.0 controller. One Kinect streams more than half of the USB 2.0 bandwidth
which is why you need two controllers.

If you have a laptop with one on-board USB controller, the only option that I know
of is to use an expresscard USB 2.0 controller or a similar expansion slot.

Thanks!
Paul

I would recommend getting a full speed usb 3.0 controller. I have that with a USB 3.0 hub and I can run 5 ps3 eyes uncompressed 60fps at 640x480 which any loss of frames. I have also been able to run 4 ps3 eyes and 1 kinect at the same time without issue. This kind of setup would give you a fair amount of headroom

Posted: 15 October 2012 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-10-15

I bought a Console Xbox 360 system system 360 Xbox Xbox 360 kinect a while ago and used it with your SDK just excellent. In the latest release,the function telephone calls allow for more than one Console Xbox 360 system system 360 Xbox Xbox 360 kinect circulation at once, by using the sequential number to distinguish between them. Click here Drug Rehabs

Image Attachments
UP-FRONT-RECOVERY.jpg

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed