multi cam
Posted: 04 January 2011 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-10-10

HI is there plans to release a way to use multiple cameras i mean more than 2 with ccv or Is this possable with a multi cam pack.
Many thanks

Posted: 05 January 2011 01:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Hey Sid,

From my testing I haven’t been able to get more than 2 cameras into CCV myself. That said, the lens correction properties to get them all lined up felt slightly limited. For my purposes it seemed easier to just use OpenCV directly after initialising the cameras from the CL-EYE SDK. I’d assume to get more than 2 cameras into CCV you would probably have to stitch the camera frames into one single big image first and somehow import it in as a larger single frame, but I don’t know how to implement that functionality within CCV (if its even possible).

-KS

Posted: 05 January 2011 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-10-10

Hi KS
when you say open opencv what do you mean exactly pardon my ignorance im hardware mainly i will try with the sdk tomorrow but i noticed it was on the list of things to do on ccv1.4 to support more cameras. problem i have is that a 2meter screen with 2 cams is just a bit to long t get perfect tracking as on the edges the ir light comes in at an angle and the cameras cant see it to well so i take up the amping but that means in the center i get a hover effect as im using di. any suggestions
thanks

Posted: 05 January 2011 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Hey Sid,

OpenCV is a computer vision library which has a lot more flexibilty and control over what you can do to the images produced by the cameras. You’d essentially use the CL-EYE SDK to initialise the multiple cameras and then use the OpenCV SDK to control the images (stitch images together or attempt to compensate for lens distortion around the edges, the list is endless). this might actually be overkill for your needs but an avenue if no other exists.

This is the link to the SDK: http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/

Are you using just the normal PS3 Eyes with standard lenses? what is the width and length of your screen and are you using rear DI? What are you using as your IR source(the hot spotting seems to tell me it might be LEDs)?

I don’t personally use CCV myself so it might be worth trying to find out if/when this update might come out as for the sake of an additional camera, the extra coding using OpenCV etc might not be of benefit to you especially if your primarily hardware competent. If the tracking works on the edge with the amped up illumination, you might want to look at your lighting setup to see if you can come up with something more diffused/balanced.

-Khaled

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed