CL Studio can’t see my cam
Posted: 18 October 2010 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-01-18

Hi,

I’ve installed and activated CL Studio but somehow it doesn’t detect my cam.
The cam works fine in all other applications such as CLEye Test and the SDK examples..

Do i Need to activate the cam too? I have only one cam and have not purchased anything yet, just using the free version of the driver.

Windows 7 x64 here

Many thanx

Posted: 18 October 2010 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Hey Chuck,

Unfortunately CL Studio currently requires activated CL Eye devices due to technical reasons. With the purchase of CL Studio Lite or Live you get camera activations credits and we have discussed extending support to free users. For refernce you can use the Media Module to load your video and image sources.

Thanks and hope to get this helps.

Posted: 18 October 2010 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-01-18

Hi Kris,

thanks for your fast reply!
I strongly believe in keeping part of the community free, since I don’t really think anyone is going to spend money while just wanting to play around, like me.
Having a limited, free version also increases the user base which provides crucial feedback and bug reports.

The prospect of realtime interactivity (which is only achievable wich a connected cam) of your product is what initially drew me to downloading and trying it wink
Imagine the disappointment when there was no such thing raspberry

anyways,
Thanks and cheers ^^

Chuck

Posted: 18 October 2010 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Our apologize Chuck,

As noted we do agree with you 100% and we’ll sit down in upcoming weeks and see what we can do about getting single camera (non-activated) users support in CL Studio however as noted there are some technical hurdles (as we use the CL Eye SDK redist) but we’ll try our hardest.

Thanks, CL Support

Posted: 18 October 2010 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Chuck,

Unfortunately, currently this is the limitation of the CL Studio Trial. We do however provide academic discounts that can save you up to 50% of the list price of the software. If you have a valid student ID and currently attending school shoot us a message here and you may benefit this great saving. In addition to this, you get the included camera activation credits with your purchase as well.

AlexP

Posted: 13 December 2011 07:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-15

Bah! I would try before buy it!
Activate the Camera? It’s connected and it works, why I should activate it?
Buying credits?

This is a BIG fail!
I’m unistalling

EDIT: Sorry I was too aggressive, but this is very disappointing:
After uninstall CLStudio I’ve got 2 more null devices (CLStudio Source 1 and CLStudio Source 2)
in my devices list?

How to remove them and bring back the original setup?

Posted: 24 December 2011 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-12-24

the same!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed