Drop to 1FPS after some time
Posted: 04 November 2014 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-11-16

Current Setup:
4 PS3eye cameras w/ low distortion lens
Gefen USB 2.0 to Cat5
i7-4770 3.40GHz, 16GB Ram, 3GB R9 200 series Radeon (eyefinity)
Overhead Projection w/ 4 HD BenQ Projectors
Modified version of CCV

We have noticed after some time passes, the FPS drops from 60 to 1fps, which makes the system completely unresponsive.  This sometimes happens after 5 minutes from starting the PC, or it can also run perfect for hours and then suddenly happen.  We have tried to completely have the entire system shut off for hours (turn off all power from the wall) and the issue still returns.  This makes me think that its not related to the hardware overheating.  I have heard that this issue is known but i can’t find anything on it.  I’m not sure if its related to our custom ccv software, cameras or extenders.

After the fps drops to 1, we close ccv and launch CL eye Test and it looks visually fine (30+fps) and normal movement.  But I am only able to view one cam with this app (we are using 4 for this project).

Also the extenders, PC, power supply for the PC are all turned off every day to keep them from overworking. The extenders are near a fan and not warm when touched.

The 1fps seems to sporadically happen, sometimes after a few minutes, sometime after 6 hours.  Once it does happen, we have resolve by doing the following:
-  Restart of CCV (custom version, called “trackMotion” built by us)
if this does not resolve:
-  Restart of the PC

We need the system to work at a stable state for at least 6-8 hours. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Please let me know what you guys think it is.

P.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed