CL Eye Driver & Test Not Working
Posted: 12 February 2015 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2015-02-12

I’m running Windows 7 with an Intel i5 3.3GHZ and 8GB of RAM.  I’ve cleaned out any existing drivers, installed the CL Eye driver software, rebooted the machine, plugged the PS Eye in, and tried this process several times, the camera is still not being recognized.

When I click on CL Eye Test (the program that came with the driver) I get an error that this is not a valid win32 application and it will not run.

If I open Skype or any other program to use a webcam it is not recognized as a valid device.

Windows device manager claims the device is installed and working properly as an imaging and audio device.

I also double-checked my motherboard and it is definitely using either a USB 3.0 or a USB 2.0 port.  I don’t even have 1.0/1.1 ports on this motherboard.

Help?

EDIT [RESOLVED]: uninstalling the software via the device management menu was not good enough.  I navigated to the folder the driver was installed to (and the CL Eye Test Program) and uninstalled it with the provided uninstaller.  I then rebooted the machine and re-installed the software. Is working great now.  Hope this helps someone!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed