Failure to download winusbcoinstaller2.dll in windows Ultimate 7
Posted: 15 February 2010 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-02-15

Hi, I have tried to download and install CL - Eye for PS3 Eye but i am being interrupted from downloading whenever this file is being attempted. i have tried the same with Administrative right and normal installation it gives time out error whenever it tries to download this file. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bits version. Also please find the snapshot of the process during which error comes after which it says installation aborted!!! .

Image Attachments
cl - eye 1.jpgcl - eye 2.jpg

Posted: 15 February 2010 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

We are trying to figure out why this works for so many people and yet it fails for a few. It seems like its some kind of DNS issue and we’ll address this in the upcoming driver release (very soon).

Posted: 16 February 2010 04:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-15

Hi Alex,

I have tried the latest version download that has been released today (sub build no:125). But the same is still having the problem. Can it not be possible to have a version temporarily released for windows 7 which doesn’t need to download rather all the necessary files are in built inside it just like redistributable version which were being released previously.

Thanks for the support..

Posted: 17 February 2010 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17
arijit - 16 February 2010 04:01 AM

Hi Alex,

I have tried the latest version download that has been released today (sub build no:125). But the same is still having the problem. Can it not be possible to have a version temporarily released for windows 7 which doesn’t need to download rather all the necessary files are in built inside it just like redistributable version which were being released previously.

Thanks for the support..

The download is done through standard http connection so if you can see this website, you should be able to download files with no problems.
Are you running behind any kind of proxy? What does the proxy setting in your browser say?
What kind of net connection are you using?
The ‘WinUSBCoInstaller2.dll’ is the last file in the download list. That means that you have successfully downloaded all the other files. This leads me to believe that your connection might be timing out and/or its not reliable and dropping packets.

Posted: 17 February 2010 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-15

Hi Alex,

I am Downloading in a reliable system i have tried in two different operating system winxp and win 7, for winxp it is downloading and win7 only there is problem! I have tried using my corporate connection also but it fails in Win 7.

I am not having any proxy also.

Thanks for your support..

Posted: 18 February 2010 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

arijit,

Could you try to download and install the latest driver. We added the download retry so that it will attempt to download each file threee times. This should help eliminate the download failures.

Posted: 09 March 2010 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-15

Hi Alex,

sorry for the delay.. Yeah i tried the latest version and still it gets stuck at downloading winusbcoinstaller2.dll. request you to make some people life a little easier by giving a complete setup which doesn’t require to download from the net.

Thanks again for your help in addressing the problem..

Posted: 15 April 2010 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-04-15

hey i have the same exact problem, only that i have windows 7 ultimate x64.
have you been able to solve your problem?
did you find any usefull information?

hope to get this working soon, have many projects in mind for my ps3 cams.. just cant install them yet!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed