windows xp sp3 32bit problem (no video capture device present)
Posted: 17 February 2010 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-02-16

Hi I tried installing the driver 4.0.1.0215 on my windows xp 32bit machine.
The installation went ok, but at the end I got a bubble that something is wrong and the device might not work.

I rebooted my machine and started the ps3 test program. I got immediately a dialog box saying that there is no video
capture device present.

In my computer the camera device shows up and it looks fine (no question mark).

Any idea?

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver again. Same problem.

Can I download the older driver from the site?

Thanks!

Posted: 17 February 2010 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
psebos - 17 February 2010 12:02 AM

Hi I tried installing the driver 4.0.1.0215 on my windows xp 32bit machine.
The installation went ok, but at the end I got a bubble that something is wrong and the device might not work.

I rebooted my machine and started the ps3 test program. I got immediately a dialog box saying that there is no video
capture device present.

In my computer the camera device shows up and it looks fine (no question mark).

Any idea?

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver again. Same problem.

Can I download the older driver from the site?

Thanks!

After a reboot sometimes, on some systems, you have to unplug and plug back in the camera to be properly detected.
I doubt your problem has to do with the latest driver since the core component didn’t change. In any case you can find older drivers in the archive.

Posted: 17 February 2010 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-16

Thanks!

So this is what I did:
- I uninstalled the latest driver (CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.1.0215) and installed CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.0.1223
and everything worked.

- then I uninstalled the CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.0.1223 and installed the latest (CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.1.0215)
and the error message changed to “Error 8007045a: Cannot create video capture filter” and was
not working.

- Finally I tried one before the latest CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.1.0201 and it worked perfectly.

Winxp SP3 32 bit

I did all these without rebooting at all.

Let me know if you’d like me to do any tests. Thanks a lot! great piece of software!!!!

Posted: 17 February 2010 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-17

I had exactly the same problem.
With version 4.0.1.0201 it works for me, although the web test on codelaboratories doesn’t work with safari.
what could be the problem with the latest version on xp sp3 32bit?

it don’t work in skype either

Posted: 17 February 2010 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

The new driver is released with the fix for XP

Posted: 27 April 2010 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-27

I have tried using the newest version but it still doesnt work for me - after restarting - after trying 3 different USB 2 hubs/ports

after numerously uninstalling and installing the driver again.

I am using windows XP Sp 2.

I am not following you about the code you are showing there that needs to be changed - How/where do I do that - or are you just showing how you fixed the code

Best regards

Posted: 27 April 2010 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Please update your windows os to SP3 and make sure you have all the latest Windows fixes installed.
The ‘cleye.config’ file you saw in the other post is to enable the advanced frame rate selection and has nothing to do with the issue you are having.

Posted: 02 June 2010 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-06-01

I am unable to install the driver as well.  It has never worked on my sp3 x32 xp.  The wizard that appears when I plug the camera in does not disappear when the driver has been installed.  The device is not found by the CL-Eye test.  I have tried older drivers and those don’t work either.  After installing the software without the windows wizard and no device is found, I have tried installing thorough the wizard and pointing it to the driver in the install folder.  Everything seems to be going smoothly until the very end of the install where I am told an error occurred and I cannot install the software.  I think I have tried everything suggested on this site, and then some, but it just doesn’t work for me.  However, the latest driver works beautifully on my windows 7 though.  But for now I give up on the XP.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed