2 eye’s at the same time
Posted: 09 February 2010 02:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2010-01-02

Hi.
I just got a 2nd PS3 Eye and I’d like to use them in an app called Wirecast for streaming to the web, but for starters, I want to just watch them both at the same time in VLC, AmCap, CL-Eye Test or any other tools.

I (re)installed both the latest driver and the SDK, and the test programs in the SDK do show both cams working (but randomly zoomed, turned, greyscaled etc but thats not my question right now).
However, they only show up in programs as 1 PS3Eye, not 2. So I can’t use them both.
Is there a way to make one of them show up as ‘PS3 Eye webcam 2’ or something similar? Or am I doing something wrong?

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate build 7100 64bit.

kind regards,
eagle

Posted: 09 February 2010 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
eagle - 09 February 2010 02:33 PM

Hi.
I just got a 2nd PS3 Eye and I’d like to use them in an app called Wirecast for streaming to the web, but for starters, I want to just watch them both at the same time in VLC, AmCap, CL-Eye Test or any other tools.

I (re)installed both the latest driver and the SDK, and the test programs in the SDK do show both cams working (but randomly zoomed, turned, greyscaled etc but thats not my question right now).
However, they only show up in programs as 1 PS3Eye, not 2. So I can’t use them both.
Is there a way to make one of them show up as ‘PS3 Eye webcam 2’ or something similar? Or am I doing something wrong?

I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate build 7100 64bit.

kind regards,
eagle

The CL-Eye SDK is meant for multi-camera and professional use, therefore it has access to both cameras at the same time. In addition it offers large list of features (some of them as you noted are various linear/non-linear image transforms).
The DirectShow component in the CL-Eye Driver is for general webcam use and as such it accesses one camera at a time.

AlexP

Posted: 09 February 2010 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-02

Right. So to do something with multiple camera’s I’ll need to use the SDK and develop something myself. Extending general webcam use is currently not possible?

Posted: 09 February 2010 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Yes, as I said, at the moment our main focus is on the SDK and at the high-performance apps developed using CL-Eye Multicam API.

Posted: 30 March 2010 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-02

Hi Alex.

I see you’ve released the CL-Eye Platform Packs licenses. Is this a solution to my initial question?
Can I buy a 2 camera license and use both camera’s in Wirecast?

with kind regards

Posted: 08 April 2010 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-02

Anyone?

Posted: 11 April 2010 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-02

This is totally against my principles but I’ll be buying a license from you guys even after you’ve ignored my question for 2 weeks. I hope the product is what I expect it to be and I hope your commercial support is better than the regular.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed