PS3 Eye Black Screen
Posted: 08 February 2010 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-02-08

hiii everyone

i am facing problems with the program
i installed it successfully but when i try to view the cam by the testing its just completely black

i am using windows 7 64 BIT

Posted: 08 February 2010 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
shadow - 08 February 2010 01:45 PM

hiii everyone

i am facing problems with the program
i installed it successfully but when i try to view the cam by the testing its just completely black

i am using windows 7 64 BIT

Take a look at this post: http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/127/

AlexP

Posted: 08 February 2010 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-08

thank you
how do i configure it to work on msn/yahoo

Posted: 27 April 2010 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-04-27

I have the same problem, and I have tried three different usb hubs.

I am using windows XP SP3

to illustrate, I finish installing the driver but if I go into manage -device manager there is still a USB 2 hub under other devices with the yellow question mark in front of it.

I saw in one of the installing tutorial videos that the guy there was taking some register and putting it in a specified folder - but the drivers I downloaded dont come with anything like that (just the driver)

Best regards.

Posted: 27 April 2010 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

If the USB hub shows as non working in the device manager and you connect your camera to it, your system will not detect the camera either. You need to make sure all devices are properly detected before installing the CL-Eye driver. The video you saw is old and obsolete. The latest driver will take care of all ot that. Also make sure you ahve all the latest Windows updated installed.

Posted: 28 April 2010 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-04-27

The system recognizes that I am plugging something in when I plug the Camera in, and come up with the “install hardware wizard”  but I can in no way get the install wizard to recognize the driver for install.

Posted: 28 April 2010 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Make sure you uninstall any of the older drivers you might have for the PS3Eye camera. These might conflict and prevent Windows from detecting the camera. Also make sure you plug in the camera directly into your machine if possibly at the back. Note that USB has to be 2.0 and not 1.0/1.1 for this camera to work.

Posted: 03 February 2012 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-02

me too, just the black screen.  When I open the program the red light comes on it. Just won’t show anything. 

This is the closest I’ve got to using it.
I’ve got xp. SP3 all updates, Framework.  (No Java) 

Just as stated above, make sure that other software is uninstalled before installing.  I installed the platform first, and the driver last with the cam plugged in.  Driver Installed like a DREAM. 

What’s the lense do when you turn it left or right? Are the settings Preset for the device and OS?

Now I’m wondering, I’m using an extension for the usb.  And How do I tell if the usb is 2.0 DO I check it somehow in the Device Manager? And could this be my possible problem?

Thanks for any help.  And Greatly Appreciated if it is in Plain English and Specific Instruction.

Posted: 03 February 2012 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-02

Now, I might sound really stupid, but when I open the device manager and it asks me if I want to activate the device, and I click yes and it tells me I have no credits,  ” Am I supposed to BUY CREDITS to use the device?”

Posted: 07 February 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

You don’t need to purchase credits if you are using the camera with DirectShow filter.

dmmackay - 03 February 2012 04:50 PM

Now, I might sound really stupid, but when I open the device manager and it asks me if I want to activate the device, and I click yes and it tells me I have no credits,  ” Am I supposed to BUY CREDITS to use the device?”

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed