Beginner Trouble with Video Freezing
Posted: 14 March 2010 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-14

I am a very inexperienced user running Win 7 32bit on a dual core 2.0ghz laptop.  I think it uses onboard video w/ shared memory.

I tried reading other posts to find my problem but the only one I could find was the one that was titled “I’m a retard”, and I didn’t want to hijack his post.

I am trying to use my web cam as a cheap, quick security camera.

I started with my cheapy Logitech web cam, but it wouldn’t get video through the window unless the light was just right.  So I tried my PS3 Eye Camera and with your drivers it is great, (I love the wide angle for this)

I installed the driver and it seems to work great for a minute or so, then it freezes and the image doesn’t seam to update to what’s really happening.  If I close the program and then restart it, it works again for a minute, then it quits again, and so on.

I downloaded every security cam software program that I could find and the ones that had the features that I liked and recognized the PS3 Eye were, Monitor Cam and WebCam Monitor.  There were others that I tried and would possibly use because of price, if I could figure out how to keep the video feed from freezing.

I am plugged into a USB 2 slot and I’ve tried moving it to different locations on the laptop.

Does the settings in the CL Eye Test Program affect the Eye in other programs? (Could I have something set wrong?)

Thanks,
Kalbster

Posted: 14 March 2010 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-14

I think I have my problem solved.  I’ve been messing around with this for 2 days.  I feel pretty stupid for not trying this before . . . I thought I had.

I redownloaded the drivers and that helped a bit but it would still lag. Then I changed the framerate from 30 to 15 and it worked fine.  Guess my vid card too slow eh?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed