Max MSP Jitter
Posted: 03 March 2010 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-03-03

Has anyone gotten PS3Eye to work with Max/MSP/Jitter using the CL-Eye Platform Driver?
I would be using it under Windows 7. I’m aware there is a Macam driver that works for Max/MSP/Jitter under Mac OS X.

Thanks!

Posted: 05 March 2010 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Have not seen this yet, do you know the API Max/MSP uses to access video in Windows?

Posted: 05 March 2010 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-03

I’m an end-user of the program, so I’m not too sure about the API-level. From what I can tell they are written in C, C++, Java or Javascript, according to this Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_(software). The program is very Quicktime friendly, if that helps.

Max (for short) is an amazing programming environment and has a huge user-base consisting of software designers, researchers and artists. There is actually alot of talk about the PS3Eye among them (http://cycling74.com/2009/10/26/making-connections-camera-data/).

There is a plugin (referred to as an “object” in the Max world) called Cyclops that is made specifically for the kind of Computer Vision projects you guys promote, but sadly it is only available on the Mac platform, and I don’t know if it supports the PS3Eye.

I’m just going to pick up a PS3Eye and try it out with Max.. I’ll let you know!  wink

Cheers,

Gabe Mastey
Tactual Systems Inc.

Posted: 11 March 2010 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-03

Installed CLEye driver and tried to see if I could get a signal to Max MSP. Success! Max found the device easily and the picture came through. The quality is not the best, but this probably just needs some tweaking on the Max side, as it looks excellent through the CL testing app.

Thanks guys! You can definitely add MaxMSPJitter to your list of applications that are compatible.

Cheers!

Gabe Mastey
Tactual Systems

Posted: 12 March 2010 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Thats great news gabrielm thanks much for testing Max/MSP I’m sure you can do some really awesome stuff with video processing in it smile Esp if it performs as well as VVVV

Posted: 18 March 2010 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-06

I’ve tested this with Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit) and it works.
BUT the built in settings dialog for controlling white balance etc. does not.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed