Applications to capture and save Still images
Posted: 02 March 2010 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2009-12-28

Hi All,

Does any of you know what applications I could use to capture & save still images from the PS3 Eye camera resulting in images at full resolution 640x480. I need it to take calibration photos and the saved images have to be 640x480.

I tried using some handy online apps but unfortunalty they saved the images at 599xsomething. I had assumed it was saving the images at the correct size I didn’t realise this and it was causing inaccurate intrinsic & distortion parameters. This was my own mistake.

Thanks,
Alan

Signature 

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it, build it and Open Source it!” http://www.alangunning.com

Posted: 02 March 2010 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Alan,

You could modify one of the samples and dump the image on a keypress to a file.
You might also try the CL-Eye Test app as it will allow you to save video to a file.
Yet another option would be a VirtualDub program. This one has many options including image capture.

AlexP

Posted: 05 March 2010 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Also if you want a quick implementation of this there is a AS3 Flash Sample in the CL-Eye SDK that does this… but performance wouldn’t be at its best.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed