Long time stability issues with the CL-eye driver
Posted: 05 October 2014 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2014-06-19

Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with a PS3Eye camera that seems to crash once every few days. Its my second camera with this issue im trying.

I try to get around the issue by restarting every 4 hours, but the solution feels not safe in the long term.

How long runs have you been using the PS3Eye camera for. Is the camera at all suited for long term use?

Im on Windows7 64 bit

Kind regards

Jesper

Posted: 22 October 2014 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

We have tested PS3 Eyes for upwards of months running continuously. Make sure that your hardware is official as their are some clones in market. Beyond that make sure your USB ports are not causing issue, its highly unlikely that it is a software problem esp considering we have many people using in interactive installations with no problems.

Posted: 22 October 2014 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-06-19

Thanx, its nice to know there is hope.

The last thing I did that I hope helps out were.

1) Update the USB driver
2) Change to a different USB2.0 port on the machine
3) In openframeworks i was doing some rendering to a file in the update call instead of the draw call. I moved it to the draw call.

The way it crashes is that the Openframeworks app just stop updating the screen. So I suspect the USB drivers to be the root cause.

The machine is 300km from me so i hope this helps out as the physical tweaks are rather difficult for me.

By the way I did an enclosure for the cam with an M12 lens mount at thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:434924

Kind regards

Jesper

Posted: 18 January 2015 05:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-06-19

The problem has just re-emerged after months of running.

Any idea what could be causing the issue. Can I perhaps run a lower resolution or framerate on the camera and reduce bandwidth?

Jesper

Posted: 17 March 2015 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-06-19

I ended up replacing the hardware unit and the problem reemerged. Later I reduced the framerate in my openframeworks app, and t has been running stable since.

Jesper

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed