FAIL on both Vista and XP for me
Posted: 23 January 2010 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-01-23

ok i got vista to install it i had to right click run as administrator now for my screwy issues on both machines

vista issues: i simply can not launch any messenger web cam service at all without crashing the app no picture loads or anything it just simply crashes even on a web casting website like justin.tv it completly crashes either browser ( I.E and mozilla) how ever the test app included in the download shows a perfect picture

XP PRO issues:
the camera gos in and out both on my messengers and in the test program itll work for about 2 minuites and than gos to somthing like a chanel that dosent come in correctly i looks like post #551 from here http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/2921/P540/

Notes:

Vista Machine: (toshiba laptop)
running windows vista home basic SP2 32 bit
3GB ram
thats all i can see from my system menu aside from prcessor speed if you need any more info please feel free to ask

XP pro machine:(home built)
running an AMD 6000+ AM@
2X radeon HD 3870 GFX cards
4GB ram (when in 32 bit OS 8GB when in 64 bit)

screen shots can be takin if needed like i said if you need mor input just ask ill do my best to provide

using CL-Eye Platform Driver Version: 4.0.0.1230

P.S
is there any older versions i might be able to try and see if any of this changes?

Posted: 23 January 2010 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
korn16ftl3 - 23 January 2010 02:08 AM

ok i got vista to install it i had to right click run as administrator now for my screwy issues on both machines

vista issues: i simply can not launch any messenger web cam service at all without crashing the app no picture loads or anything it just simply crashes even on a web casting website like justin.tv it completly crashes either browser ( I.E and mozilla) how ever the test app included in the download shows a perfect picture

XP PRO issues:
the camera gos in and out both on my messengers and in the test program itll work for about 2 minuites and than gos to somthing like a chanel that dosent come in correctly i looks like post #551 from here http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/2921/P540/

Notes:

Vista Machine: (toshiba laptop)
running windows vista home basic SP2 32 bit
3GB ram
thats all i can see from my system menu aside from prcessor speed if you need any more info please feel free to ask

XP pro machine:(home built)
running an AMD 6000+ AM@
2X radeon HD 3870 GFX cards
4GB ram (when in 32 bit OS 8GB when in 64 bit)

screen shots can be takin if needed like i said if you need mor input just ask ill do my best to provide

using CL-Eye Platform Driver Version: 4.0.0.1230

P.S
is there any older versions i might be able to try and see if any of this changes?

First of all, the older drivers can be found in our archive here.
As far as your issues, when you say any messenger are you talking talking about Skype, WLM or others? Are you using sound from the camera mic as a default sound capture device? Have you tried changing that and setting?
Could you try running cameroid.com in IE? Does that work?

Please let me know the results of this.

AlexP

Posted: 23 January 2010 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-23
AlexP - 23 January 2010 05:09 PM

First of all, the older drivers can be found in our archive here.

As far as your issues, when you say any messenger are you talking talking about Skype, WLM or others?

MSN yahoo justin.tv ect

Are you using sound from the camera mic as a default sound capture device?

not shure what your asking here are you asking if some how my mic is set up as the video capture device rather than the PS3 eye if that is what your askin i have the eye set as capture device

Have you tried changing that and setting?

yes for both machines i have been through all of the xxx X xxx @ xxfps settings as well at atempting to play with the hue setting and such

Could you try running cameroid.com in IE? Does that work?

for the XP machine i get jumpy frame rates and still the cutting out to static

with the vista machine under all the settings i get a colorfull really slim bar that moves from left to right once it reaches the other side of the screen on the right it moves dowon the picture screen and begins to scroll left to right again i tryed snapping a picture of it but the URL will not work it crashes I.E when trying to open it (  http://www.cameroid.com/t/e52d8604d8150b555ac4830f648c396a  )

Posted: 29 January 2010 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

The new driver is out (v4.0.1.0129). It includes many fixes so give it a try.

AlexP

Posted: 30 January 2010 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-23

will do definitly will; post back any potential issues

ok got rid of the flicker issue on the XP machine but now im getting 2 messed up pictures in one for the yahoo messenger my webcam screen look below

also note ive gone through all the frame rates
also would like to say how much better the picture looks in this version of the drivers VS the other one ive tryed looks really really good just need to get it to work with my yahoo and MSN now and all will be set thanx for the work

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed