CL Studio Installation fails
Posted: 27 January 2011 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-01-27

Hi,
I just downloaded a trial of CL Studio and wanted to run it. When I start CL Studio after it successful installed it tells to restart since it could not be started. I attached the screens. I’m running Windows 7 on my Macbook with DirectX 11 installed. It restarted and tried to start the application as Administrator - no change.
Am I missing something?
Thanks for your help,
Karl

Image Attachments
clstudioerror0.pngclstudioerror.png

Posted: 29 January 2011 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-27

Hi,

we could really need some support here, I´m a fellow of kpbode who first posted here. We are an students project working on the camera component for a multitouch table and we´re kind of stuck currently. We had four different windows machines today where we tested the installation of the cl studio trail with the very same, negative results. Even when the diagnostics utility didn´t throw any errors CL Studio didn´t started, so all requirements were fulfilled which were listed in the descreptions ‘.pdf.

Thanks,
Jan

Posted: 31 January 2011 12:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Hey Guys,

Could you please translate the error message in the second screenshot for us? Have you tried starting the application twice, after seeing this message? Basically this means that the core CL Studio Services cannot be found, make sure you install with administrator privileges and that no other software (such as anti-virus) is blocking the installation.

Keep us updated on your status, would love for your feedback on CL Studio.

Posted: 31 January 2011 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-27

I tried starting it twice, it made no differences. I also installed with Administrator Priviliges, no anti-virus software and windows defender deactivated. Should I find the service in the services management under system preferences?
The error message says “objectreference was not set to objectinstance”, I got rid of that after running the windows performance evaluation.

Posted: 01 February 2011 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-27

Well : Another issue which has an effect on my CLEyeSDK ... After the deinstallation I can´t access my Ps3Eye camera images via direct show anymore, got an Image ” CL Studio Proxy not found “. Similar to the no camera image. The CLEyeTest Application runs quite well. Also the CLEyeMulticamTest Example. But for another project I´m using the PS3Eye Cam simply via the CLEyeDriver… integration of the SDK directly is still a work in progress. However, I think the CLStudio installation includes a not proper working direct show filter which was also not deinstalled. But I´m not sure right now.

Posted: 02 February 2011 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-01

Hi!

I had the same error message about reinstalling “CL Studio”. confused
Because I was very desperate to get the program working today, I started to debug the problem.
After a very hefty debugging session I finally found the root cause:
The “Studio-Program” tries to communicate with the “Agent-Service” via a named pipe. When the pipe can not be opened, the (not very specific) error message is shown. I determined that the service component fails to create the pipe and exits with an exception. The exception happens because the program tries to set the access rights for the pipe to R/W for “Everyone”. This is the culprit: The user ID “Everyone” is only resolvable on systems with an English language installation. I am on a German system, where this should read “Jeder” in order to work correctly. The correct solution would be to use “new System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier(System.Security.Principal.WellKnownSidType.WorldSid, null)” instead of “Everyone”.

I have a temporary fix until the program is updated: Simply create a user named “Everyone” on the system and use that to run CL Studio Live grin

Kind regards,
Stefan

Posted: 07 February 2011 12:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-01-27

This works for me too!!!! Thanks so much!

Posted: 13 March 2011 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-28

hello, i have the exact same problem of kpbode, but i can´t solve it.
i’ve already try the method of StefanKrupop but thats don´t work for me.
i’m run windows 7 home premium 64bits in Portuguese language…

Thanks for your help.

Posted: 18 January 2014 05:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-01-15

The hint from StefanKrupop does not work for me. I use Win7 Home 64-bit.
Any other ideas on how to get this running?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed