activating a camera for installation on another PC
Posted: 13 March 2013 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-02-16

I am looking at using the PS Eye camera for a commercial project.

I had a question about how I can pre activate a PS Eye camera so that the customer does not have to go through the activation process.

I also wanted to make sure that purchasing a Platform Pack to activate cameras, activates them on any PC and not just on the PC that it was activated on?

Please clearly explain the steps for getting the camera to work for a customer.
Thanks

Posted: 15 March 2013 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-03-11

Have you figured it out? if cameras are transferable from pc to pc, looking at the license manager i would think so, since it seems to have registered to UUID of the cameras and firmware version, but I would like to know if this is possible as i will need to move the cameras between home and UNI.

Let me know if you have figured it out.

Regards

Posted: 18 March 2013 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Yes, the cameras are fully transferable between as many PCs you wish.

Ricardo Duarte - 15 March 2013 11:03 AM

Have you figured it out? if cameras are transferable from pc to pc, looking at the license manager i would think so, since it seems to have registered to UUID of the cameras and firmware version, but I would like to know if this is possible as i will need to move the cameras between home and UNI.

Let me know if you have figured it out.

Regards

Posted: 18 March 2013 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-16

Thanks Alex for you reply.

Can you please clearly explain the steps for pre-activating a camera for end users so they do not have to go through the device manager to activate the camera on each pc. is this even possible?

Best regards

Posted: 31 August 2013 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-07-13

I had the same problem as the other guys in this thread. I thought I put my solution here because it was not something obvious and hopefully it’ll help out other people.

Background:
I purchased an octa pack and activated my cameras on my desktop. I wanted to move my work to my laptop, so I installed CL Eye Platform SDK on my laptop and plugged my cameras in. At this point, I tried to to run CL-Eye Device Manager like I did before on my desktop. However, I kept getting a script error and I gave up on Device Manager.

Installation:
After spending a few hours and a sleepless night, I finally found the solution.
1. Install both the platform driver and platform sdk on your new computer.

2. Copy CLEyeMulticam.dll (located in folder c:\windows\syswow64) from the computer where you activated your cameras to your new computer.

3. Run CLEyeMulticamTest.exe in the CL-EyePlatform SDK\Bin folder. The console should indicate the number of PS3 Eye Cameras plugged into the computer and display the video feed from each camera. If the test reports back 2 cameras but you have more than that connected, something was not done correctly.

Good luck everyone! I feel your frustration and pain!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed