Thanks, Folks, for not letting me make a mistake
Posted: 28 November 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-11-28

I’ve been using the PS3 Eye with Ipi Motion Tracking and thought it would be fun to play with the thing.  I downloaded the driver and SDK before reading anything in the Forum.  The driver worked, at least.  The samples in the SDK will not even load in VS 2012 and won’t compile in VS 2010 because of a missing Resource,resx file.  In the Forum I read about people buying the upgrades two or three times and still not getting them.

Frankly, I can’t see a reason to pay even once when the SDK samples do not work.  It’s far better to spend a little more money and use wifi HD webcams, even though the capture rate is a little slower.  You can use any version of Visual Studio, even Express, to program them.

Code Laboratories should be ashamed.

Posted: 30 November 2012 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Phillip,

Sorry if you feel that way. The latest SDK should compile fine with VS2010. I assume you are refering to the .Net samples.
We will look into this issue and as soon as it is corrected, post the SDK update.

Thank You

Phillip - 28 November 2012 03:51 PM

I’ve been using the PS3 Eye with Ipi Motion Tracking and thought it would be fun to play with the thing.  I downloaded the driver and SDK before reading anything in the Forum.  The driver worked, at least.  The samples in the SDK will not even load in VS 2012 and won’t compile in VS 2010 because of a missing Resource,resx file.  In the Forum I read about people buying the upgrades two or three times and still not getting them.

Frankly, I can’t see a reason to pay even once when the SDK samples do not work.  It’s far better to spend a little more money and use wifi HD webcams, even though the capture rate is a little slower.  You can use any version of Visual Studio, even Express, to program them.

Code Laboratories should be ashamed.

Posted: 03 December 2012 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Phillip,

We addressed the issues you pointed out in the latest SDK.

Thanks.

Posted: 28 December 2012 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-12-23

Wish I would have seen this post (and some others) too before purchasing the Quad pack.
I’ve got 3 PS Eye cams that I wanted to use simultaneously in some windows 7 programs (Kinovea, MotionPro, SportsMotion, etc), but the Quad pack doesn’t actually enable use of multiple cams like a standard windows driver would. Rather they enable multiple cams programming/access via the SDK. This is not at all what I wanted/needed. Pity it wasn’t clear about this in the purchase description.

I sent an email through to tech support, but I feel that the OP’s post probably confirms that the Quad pack (and other packs) are not the correct product for using more than 1 cam in windows. Accordingly, when tech support reply I will probably request a refund.

Might I suggest making the product description (for the packs) a little more clear, so others don’t run into the same trap.
Cheers.

Posted: 28 December 2012 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Jason,

Please take a look at the following page. It is clearly states that the CL-Eye Platform Driver is free and that it only supports a single camera.
On this page we describe the CL Eye Platform SDK that includes the use of multiple camera with our API to give users more control over the camera. Included are the code samples for various platforms and programming languages.
The CL Eye Platform Packs are to be used with our SDK to allow for multiple cameras.

Jason Hirsch - 28 December 2012 06:42 AM

Wish I would have seen this post (and some others) too before purchasing the Quad pack.
I’ve got 3 PS Eye cams that I wanted to use simultaneously in some windows 7 programs (Kinovea, MotionPro, SportsMotion, etc), but the Quad pack doesn’t actually enable use of multiple cams like a standard windows driver would. Rather they enable multiple cams programming/access via the SDK. This is not at all what I wanted/needed. Pity it wasn’t clear about this in the purchase description.

I sent an email through to tech support, but I feel that the OP’s post probably confirms that the Quad pack (and other packs) are not the correct product for using more than 1 cam in windows. Accordingly, when tech support reply I will probably request a refund.

Might I suggest making the product description (for the packs) a little more clear, so others don’t run into the same trap.
Cheers.

Posted: 28 December 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-23

Alex,
I do realise that the free CL-Eye Platform driver is single licence (ie: provides access to one camera only). I found this out via testing when I could only access once of the 3 cams plugged into my machine. No problems there, as your documentation clearly says that the driver provides access to a single cam. grin

Because of this limitation (to only use 1 cam) I looked at your other products and then purchased the Quad pack, which from my reading of the product page would allow more than one (up to 4 in this case) cams to be used on the same PC at once. As it turns out this isn’t exactly the case. Yes, all 4 can be used simultaneously via the SDK for dev purposes, but (to me, a non dev) the product description isn’t clear enough. I’m not suggesting that your quad/multi pack product doesn’t work with the SDK or anything to that effect [I haven’t tried it, but others seem to have got it working for them], I’m simply saying that perhaps the description could be improved for the quad/multi packs, so that other prospective non-dev buyers don’t purchase the pack expecting it to provide access to all their cams as different standard windows devices (eg: PS Eye #1, PS Eye #2, PS Eye #3, etc.).

Please don’t get me wrong, I realise you’ve done a lot of great work (mostly on your own) to get the drivers going. It’s just that I can’t use the Quad pack as I’m not a dev and (from reading the product details) believed that I was buying a driver that would allow me to simultaneously utilise 4 cams ‘out of the box’.
Cheers

Posted: 10 January 2013 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-23

I’ve not had a reply to my email to Technical Support. Are they still on xmas holidays?

Posted: 22 January 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-23

Wow. It’s been almost 1 month now and I still haven’t even received a reply from Tech support.
So much for waiting patiently! Not impressed!

Posted: 31 January 2013 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-12-23

As I haven’t heard anything from your support team I raised another ticket a week or so ago. Still nothing.

I usually don’t post negative things in a product’s forum - rather try to work things out via Tech Support - but this is absolute bullsh*t!
Product poorly described.
No contact from Tech support for over a month. Not even an acknowledgement.

I hope that potential customers read this and stay away from your product!

If Tech support contact me and issue a refund I will remove these comments.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed