Audio
Posted: 21 January 2010 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2010-01-21

I read the posts and noticed that the audio drivers for the mics in the ps3 camera should already work. I don’t have any audio when i use the mic and windows says there may be a problem with the hardware. i’m not a dev, i’m just trying to use Skype with this camera. please help me out. thank you so much for your help.

Posted: 21 January 2010 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21

sorry, i understand we are all busy. I would appreciate a quick reply, i’m trying talk to my family back east but my skype isn’t working.

Posted: 21 January 2010 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
sparky81795 - 21 January 2010 06:59 PM

sorry, i understand we are all busy. I would appreciate a quick reply, i’m trying talk to my family back east but my skype isn’t working.

Give me more details about your system, CPU, memory, OS, etc. What kind of sound card do you have installed?

AlexP

Posted: 22 January 2010 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-01-18

Yup, details are very important.

Just FYI, I have Win7 x64 and with newest CL-Drivers skype works like a charm. Audio also works totally fine, that’s not CL related though.

Posted: 22 January 2010 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21

XP media center edition, pentium 4, 3.0ghz, 1ghz ram, i believe the audio divice is unimodem Half-Duplex audio card (thats what my divice manager says) nVidia GeForce 7300 LE video. thanks for helping.

Posted: 22 January 2010 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
sparky81795 - 22 January 2010 11:39 AM

XP media center edition, pentium 4, 3.0ghz, 1ghz ram, i believe the audio divice is unimodem Half-Duplex audio card (thats what my divice manager says) nVidia GeForce 7300 LE video. thanks for helping.

What service pack do you have installed (SP1, 2, 3)? What does your device manager say in the audio section? Do you see PS3Eye device in there? Of course another option is to just plug in external mic to your sound card and use it that way.

AlexP

Posted: 24 January 2010 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21

Service pack 3, the divice manager shows a usb mic is installed but with an (!) next to it saying it may not be working properly. i unintalled the driver unplugged the camera and tried again. the install goes fine until it tries to install wdmaud.drv, this is where the install hangs up and eventually quits. the wizard currently says its trying to install wdmaud.drv to my system32 file. but no progres has been made for nearly 5 minutes.

Posted: 24 January 2010 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21

just a note, the video is fantastic. i really hope that i can use the eye for my Skype. thank you for your time.

Posted: 25 January 2010 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21

video drivers installed. audio drivers.. another story. after uninstalling the ps3 eye and the non working audio driver, i reinstalled the eye drivers (video works great). i know that the video driver is the only driver on the CL install. i can’t find usb audio drivers anywhere! not on windows site not on my drivers cd for windows not anywhere! i know that its got to be available somewhere, like i said before, it gets all the way to the final little green bar and stops working. i started letting it install at about 2am this morning, now its 5:12 pm and the install is not finishing. i know if i unplug the camera it will finish and that’s that, the divice manager will say “No drivers are intalled for this device” please help. thank you!

Posted: 25 January 2010 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21

ps does using the mic array still cause skype to crash?

Posted: 31 January 2010 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-01-31

HEy the software is amazing im guessing…..looking at all the youtube videos but im have a problem with the sound i tried using it in ventrilio<——(might not be spelled correctly) and its not picking up at all / all i need really is the microphone part to work and thats not working right- im not reall all that computer literate so all the stuff you guys were talking about in the previous posts are kind of confusing can you try to break it down for the regular joe’s like me? its a bit confusing i tried following the instructions on the other youtube videos and they didnt work because you moved the site which also confused alot of other people trying to download and install the software i need help badly =[ dont know how often you reply to these posts or when you guys are online, you should aslo post a better meathod of contacting yourself or make it a little bit easier to find cause i need to figure this out before i leave wednesday =[

Posted: 09 February 2010 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21
AlexP - 22 January 2010 06:21 PM
sparky81795 - 22 January 2010 11:39 AM

What service pack do you have installed (SP1, 2, 3)? What does your device manager say in the audio section? Do you see PS3Eye device in there? Of course another option is to just plug in external mic to your sound card and use it that way.

AlexP

do you usually drop the ball at this point on a topic?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed