Issues with Playstation Eye and Windows Live Messenger
Posted: 21 January 2010 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-01-21

I downloaded the Cl-Eye Driver and I got my Playstation Eye to work and I’ve had it work with someone on Windows Live Messenger but the majority of the time I’ve tried to use it my laptop would freeze.

I’m not sure if it is a driver issue, issue with my own hardware or if it even has to do with the person I’m trying to use it with but the 2 out of 3 times I’ve tried to use it my laptop froze.

I’m running Windows Vista Basic as my operating system and my laptop typically runs slow anyways but doesn’t freeze to the point where I can’t click on anything and nothing happens.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it and thank you.

- LoneWhiteWing

-Edit-

I think I figured out what my issue was. I was looking at another topic and saw how the Playstation Eye takes up a fair amount of CPU memory and thought how Firefox pretty much takes up all of my CPU memory. I was using both of them at the same time and I believe because of that my laptop froze since it was too much for my laptop to handle.

Is there any way I can reduce the memory that the Playstation Eye takes up?

Posted: 21 January 2010 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
LoneWhiteWing - 21 January 2010 01:26 PM

I downloaded the Cl-Eye Driver and I got my Playstation Eye to work and I’ve had it work with someone on Windows Live Messenger but the majority of the time I’ve tried to use it my laptop would freeze.

I’m not sure if it is a driver issue, issue with my own hardware or if it even has to do with the person I’m trying to use it with but the 2 out of 3 times I’ve tried to use it my laptop froze.

I’m running Windows Vista Basic as my operating system and my laptop typically runs slow anyways but doesn’t freeze to the point where I can’t click on anything and nothing happens.

- LoneWhiteWing

-Edit-

I think I figured out what my issue was. I was looking at another topic and saw how the Playstation Eye takes up a fair amount of CPU memory and thought how Firefox pretty much takes up all of my CPU memory. I was using both of them at the same time and I believe because of that my laptop froze since it was too much for my laptop to handle.

PS3Eye does not take much memory and what ever it takes does not grow up in time (unlike Firefox). What are the specs of your system? What OS are you using?

AlexP

Posted: 21 January 2010 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21
AlexP - 21 January 2010 06:43 PM
LoneWhiteWing - 21 January 2010 01:26 PM

- LoneWhiteWing

-Edit-

PS3Eye does not take much memory and what ever it takes does not grow up in time (unlike Firefox). What are the specs of your system? What OS are you using?

AlexP

I’m not sure what you mean by specs but I’m using Windows Vista Basic. 32-bit OS.
512 MB of Ram
Intel Celeron Processor. 1.73 GHz
Manufacturer and Model: Toshiba, Satellite A135

Thank you for taking the time to help and also making the drivers.

- LoneWhiteWing

Posted: 21 January 2010 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
LoneWhiteWing - 21 January 2010 06:51 PM

I’m not sure what you mean by specs but I’m using Windows Vista Basic. 32-bit OS.
512 MB of Ram
Intel Celeron Processor. 1.73 GHz
Manufacturer and Model: Toshiba, Satellite A135

Thank you for taking the time to help and also making the drivers.

- LoneWhiteWing

I’m sorry to say but your system has a way low memory to begin with. Your memory is basically at the minimum of the requirements for Windows Vista Basic (512MB) and if your laptop uses shared memory for the video display, this ends up being even less than 512MB. Upgrading memory will definitely help you.

AlexP

Posted: 21 January 2010 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21
AlexP - 21 January 2010 07:14 PM

I’m sorry to say but your system has a way low memory to begin with. Your memory is basically at the minimum of the requirements for Windows Vista Basic (512MB) and if your laptop uses shared memory for the video display, this ends up being even less than 512MB. Upgrading memory will definitely help you.

AlexP

I thought that might be the issue. I’m not sure why it is my laptop came with an operating it could barely run but I guess for the future I know I’ll need to invest in a much better computer.

Thank you again for your help and I wish you luck on continuing your work with the drivers.

- LoneWhiteWing

Posted: 27 January 2010 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21

I’m debating if my issue is actually the memory now. Out of the four people I’ve tried using the webcam with it worked with one person. The three people it didn’t work with I had firefox closed at the time.
The one person it worked with I had it work one time with firefox open which makes me question does it really have to do with my ram.

- LoneWhiteWing

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed