No ‘Pin’ setting in Eye Test (v.0520)
Posted: 25 May 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-05-25

Having uninstalled driver v.0518 and installed v.0520, I found no ‘pin’ setting in the eye test options menu (same cleye.config file in the eye test folder).

I’ve been testing the prior version driver (v.5018) w/ V1 Home golf which works great at 640 x 480 but crashes on any 320 x 240 frame rate setting.

Good news with the update (v.0520) was no crash at this resolution, but there’s no ‘video capture pin…’ setting available to test available frame rates. Was it removed by design?

Thanks for a great effort bringing the eye camera to PC!

Steve

Posted: 25 May 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

The new version (v.0520) now supports all the camera capture rates at VGA & QVGA resolutions. The frame rate settings are negotiates and controlled by your target application. There is no need to use cleye.config file anymore.

Posted: 27 May 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-05-27

I am having the same problem with 520. This is the first time I have ever installed the driver.
I do not see “Video Capture Pin” at all under Options.

nU2q1.png

to be clear, i DO see the option when using the Integrated camera..

lstdD.png

and in Kinovea I only see 2 options on the dropdown, which both display blank. I tried using the config file
in the Kinovea folder and it still only listed 2 options. I have spent a few hours on this now and cannot
figure out a solution.  Please advise, thanks.

3vJ0J.png

Posted: 27 May 2012 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Under ‘CL-Eye Test’ application you can set the desired frame rate by going to menu ‘Capture->Set Frame Rate…’
Make sure you check the ‘Use Frame Rate’ box and type desired frame rate in the ‘Frame Rate’ edit box.
Click ‘OK’ and the camera will be running at desired frame rate.

Posted: 27 May 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-05-27

Thanks for responding so quickly.

That really doesnt address the issue as to why there is no “Video Capture Pin…” option. Are you suggesting that it should NOT be there anymore?

If so, then how do we alter the resolution? (since we are supposed to be able to select 320 vs 640)

Also, using the method you describe, 60fps is the max setting allowed (as opposed to the 125 supposedly achievable)

More so, even if we could set the frame rate higher in the CL-Eye Test app, that wouldnt make it possible to increase
the frame rate (or change resolution) in Kinovea—since the preset res/fps settings arent available for selection.

I also get the impression from the original poster that this is something that has only become in issue in 520 and was working in 518.

EDIT—Wanted to add that I am running Windows 7 Professional x64, in case that is useful info on your end

AlexP - 27 May 2012 03:51 PM

Under ‘CL-Eye Test’ application you can set the desired frame rate by going to menu ‘Capture->Set Frame Rate…’
Make sure you check the ‘Use Frame Rate’ box and type desired frame rate in the ‘Frame Rate’ edit box.
Click ‘OK’ and the camera will be running at desired frame rate.

Posted: 28 May 2012 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17

Please update the driver to the (v.0528). The new version should fix the issues with Kinovea.
Please take a look at the update details here.

Posted: 29 May 2012 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-05-27

thanks, everything is working great now!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed