No more high framerate with DirectShow?
Posted: 08 January 2010 09:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-01-08

It seems the high framerates have been dropped from the DirectShow driver and are only accessible via the API. Is that correct?

In case it’s not…
Well, first I installed the Driver and connected the camera after it finished. Then I installed the SDK. No high framerate modes. Should I have not connected the camera after the first install for it to work?

In case it was…
Will there be two seperate driver installation paths in the future or a tool to enable and disable the high framerate modes?

It’s the only reason I’m using the PS3Eye, because I can capture such realistic videos via DirectShow.

Posted: 08 January 2010 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
Wolder - 08 January 2010 09:57 AM

It seems the high framerates have been dropped from the DirectShow driver and are only accessible via the API. Is that correct?

In case it’s not…
Well, first I installed the Driver and connected the camera after it finished. Then I installed the SDK. No high framerate modes. Should I have not connected the camera after the first install for it to work?

In case it was…
Will there be two seperate driver installation paths in the future or a tool to enable and disable the high framerate modes?

It’s the only reason I’m using the PS3Eye, because I can capture such realistic videos via DirectShow.

The high frame rates are not present in the current DirectShow driver for greater software compatibility and for the users who use lower end computers and run software such as Skype and MSN messenger.
For high frame rate access, we recommend you use the CL-Eye SDK and the new API.
However, in the next release of the CL-Eye driver we are thinking on enabling the high-frame rate setting.
Users who specifically require this feature will be able to enable it via a link in the start menu.

AlexP

Posted: 08 January 2010 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-01-08
AlexP - 08 January 2010 12:54 PM

For high frame rate access, we recommend you use the CL-Eye SDK and the new API.

I’m not a programmer.

AlexP - 08 January 2010 12:54 PM

However, in the next release of the CL-Eye driver we are thinking on enabling the high-frame rate setting.
Users who specifically require this feature will be able to enable it via a link in the start menu.

I hope you don’t change your mind.

Regards

Posted: 10 January 2010 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-01-07

Hello,
After few days I can say.
The driver and directshow filter : install et work very well on Win XP 32 SP3.
Thank you so much Alex!
Yes the Directshow driver do allow only low framerate and it’s a problem for me because the principal reason why I ‘ve bought this camera is the high framerate possibility. and exactly the (European standard) 50 framerate that give me the possibility to easily code video in mpeg2 transport stream for my experimental Ham radio DATV broadcast station.
I mainly use GraphEdit for test (and directshow filters).
So the possibility to get a new directshow filter with VGA 50 and 60 framerate will simplify my experimental work.
For the moment I M making tests with the Java/Processing SDK solution. As my main harddisk is I: ( and not C:) I had problems to have this mode working OK. But with the new SDK I ‘ve jus downloaded it works very well.
But what I need is to construct a MPEG2 transport stream sent via UDP to my amateur DTV broadcast station and already have simple solutions using GraphEdit/Directshow.  using SDK API is a harder job…
So a question : When will be available the new directshow filter with VGA 50 or higher framerate?
JP

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed