Posted: 06 November 2010 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-04-18

Howdy,

I’ve read the primary audio reference post at:
http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/108/

My issue is as follows:
I’m using windows 7 32-bit and trying to connect to the 4 microphone array at 16kHz per channel, etc.  It doesn’t seem to matter which program I use, I can only see the 2 channel option.  When I create a QAudioInput object in Qt or when I connect to a “winsound” object in Matlab, I get a 2 channel device with sample rate options from 8 to 96kHz.

If I look in the “Advanced” microphone properties in the audio config in windows, I see “Default Format ” is a grayed out box that says “4 channel, 16 bit, 16000 Hz (tape recorder quality)”

But the software I use does not seem to be able to parse this as an option.  I only see the one option, plus my built in laptop microphone as windows supported sound inputs.

My driver file details are as follows:
USB Camera-B4.04-27.1
drmk.sys
ksthunk.sys
portcls.sys
USBAUDIO.sys
SysFxUI.dll
WMALFXGFXDSP.dll
Provider: MIcrosoft Corportaion
File Version: 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)

I do not see 2 options (i.e. one that gives me 4 channels and one that gives me 2).  Can anyone provide some guidance here as to how I can connect to this device to get the full 4 channels?

Posted: 07 November 2010 04:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-04-18

I downloaded the “reaper” tool described in the above linked post.  It will see the device and list it as 4 channels, but whenever I goto connect to it, it says that there is something wrong with how my hardware is configured.  In “Reaper” it shows up as a device under “WDM Kernel Streaming” which doesn’t show up under my Qt or Matlab attempts to interface it.

Thoughts?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed