Only Eye Test and Device Manager recognize the camera
Posted: 04 November 2010 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-11-04

I still couldn’t get it to work. It installs fine, the test works fine. But no application recognizes the camera, or “half-recognizes”.

For example, Live Messenger. When I go to the audio and video settings, it recognizes the camera just fine. The image even appears on the screen. But when I leave the settings and go to chat, there’s not even a camera option. And when I tried to send video, it gave me a black screen. The Eye’s red light never goes on also.

Everything looks fine under the device manager. PS3Eye Camera is under CodeLabs Devices and USB Camera-B4.04.27.1 is under video and audio controllers with no error or exclamation point.

I’m using Windows 7 x64 Prof.

Is there something I can do to make it work? In some threads people seemed to find a way but it’s not specified. :/

Posted: 06 November 2010 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-11-06

I have the same problem with Google Chat in gmail.  Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. 

I downloaded a directshow manager per another thread and looked at video capture sources.  PS3Eye is listed, as well as Google Video (twice).  Google video shows it has “Unknown Merit”.  I’m pretty sure this is a problem with either flash or the Google Talk plugin using directshow filters that aren’t compatible with the PS3Eye drivers.

I tried the flash player 64 bit version from Adobe labs and it broke the Talk plugin completely.  Uninstalled, and I’m back to a black screen when in Chat setup.

Any thoughts?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed