3D Vision System Using CL Eye SDK and Two PS3 Eyes
Posted: 25 October 2010 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-06-21

3D vision system is based on two customized PS3 Eyetoy and CL Eye SDK. The following is a link to a video. The quality of video is severely compromised due to conversion by the video website.

With CL Eye SDK and two PS3 eyetoy, the software can achieve 60 fps and able to save video at 60 fps on an i7 quad core computer.

Posted: 25 October 2010 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Hi Pylin,

The link doesnt seem to work for me. I tried it a little later and it seems to be blocked in my region.

Thanks
Khaled

Posted: 26 October 2010 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Great stuff Pylin! I hope you dont mind pylin but i mirrored the video to youtube so we can view in forums smile

Posted: 26 October 2010 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-03

Thanks for that KrisM smile

Pylin, was that being captured on two cameras and the red, cyan applied in real-time to the images, then the frames are saved to the HDD?

If that’s what’s happening here I would love to know your procedure and the libraries you used.

-Khaled

Posted: 26 October 2010 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-21

KrisM: yeah, when I get back to US, I will do that. Youtube is not accessible in China where I am in now.

kshaaban: Yes, the video is saved to HD after the left and right images are processed in real time, as matter of fact, at 60fps. I only used CL SDK, used OpenCV to save AVI files, all other algorithms of my own creation.

Posted: 27 October 2010 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-03

That sounds good Pylin,

How easy would it be to adjust the parallax of the two images? could this be done on the fly? also how did you apply the colours? I was considering using OpenCV to perform this.

-K

Posted: 28 October 2010 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-21

No, I am not doing anything with parallax, I thought it is that effect that enables you to perceive 3D images—your brain actually reconstruct the 3D image in your mind based on the difference seen from your two eyes. In my case, since the colored glasses enables your brain to see two images even though the image is planar (since it is on your 2D display), the brain will reconstruct the 3D effect.

Not sure if OpenCV has this function, but I only use OpenCV to save video in AVI format.

Posted: 28 October 2010 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-08-03

What i was really asking was; how easy would it be to change the red filter to another colour on your image. for example could i make it yellow, or increase/decrease the intensity of the red?

-K

Posted: 02 November 2010 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-21

Yes, it is very easy to adapt to other color scheme because all of these are done in software, nothing done to hardware in terms of color filters.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed