x64 DLL available?
Posted: 15 June 2010 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-05-02

Hello,

Are there plans to ship a DLL version compiled for x64?

I’m aware the driver already works on 64 bit Windows, but the library that ships in the SDK is compiled for Win32 (which I’ve used successfully in a 32 bit process running on WoW64) and it’s not compatible with my x64 builds.

I found this post on the topic…

[Forums/Software SDK/Frameworks/SDK + x64]

...where the suggestion is made to use LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress to avoid having to link in the 32 bit static library. However, the DLL is 32 bit as well, and it’s not possible to load a 32 bit DLL into a 64 bit process. The work-around is to load the 32 bit version in a seperate process and use IPC to communicate between the two, but if there’s any way I can avoid that work, I’d rather.

I require a 64 bit address space for other areas of my program, so switching to 32 bit wholesale is not an option.

Perhaps I missed something obvious (I’m prone to that), in which case I’d love for anybody to show that I’m an idiot… grin

Thanks for the great work with this SDK, I just bought an 8-camera pack last week.

Kind regards,

Jaap Suter - http://jaapsuter.com

Posted: 18 June 2010 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

I will relay this question to Alex, he’ll know how to address. Thanks for the inquiring Jaap

Posted: 22 September 2010 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-05-02

Ping…

Curious if a 64 bit version of the driver is planned. If not, no sweat - I can work around it.

Posted: 01 November 2010 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-08-27

seriously, every question asked about x64 doesnt actually get anwered..
ive sent mails,  no response, made forum posts no response.
try find forum posts. get this.
relayed message but no actual response…

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed