PS3Multicam Driver “per-cam image-warping”?
Posted: 25 October 2010 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-10-22

Hello together,

I’m working on a project where I use CCV with 2 PS3-Cams (at least currently they are 2 - maybe it’ll neccessary to upgrade to 4) looking at a non-planar surface.
Unfortunately, the accessible camera-settings don’t suffice to handle the severe distortion, so I am looking for a way, to access the images of each camera explicitely to apply a dedicated correction.

So I have several Questions…

1. Could I somehow dig into the PS3-driver so I could warp the camera images seperately before they are stitched together?

or

2. Is there a way to grab seperate images from the cameras from within CCV so that I can warp the images and handle the stitching myself? (or if neccessary I would try to write a driver-wrapper that I then access from CCV)

or

3. Does somebody have another idea how I could achieve such a dramatic distortion with 2 ps3-cams?

Any help is highly appreciated.

With best regards,

Sven

Posted: 25 October 2010 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Hi Sven, welcome!

What sort of surface (shape) are you capturing?

I am facing something similar however I don’t think I will be able to use CCV for my application.

It might be possible that you can use OpenCV to create the specified distortion and stitching. Having not used CCV I’m not sure how you could take your corrected frames back for use. OpenCV is definitely worth a look if you haven’t already checked it out.

-Khaled

Posted: 25 October 2010 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-10-22

Hi Khaled,

I’m trying to capture a semi-sphere, and it has shown that it is really necessary to use at least 3 cameras to see everything.

I found a way to get the images from the cameras separately into CCV (by using some of the Multicamera-Test Sample-Code in Code-Labs Platform SDK).
But now I’m facing the problem of warping and stitching… How can I do this using OpenCV? Sounds like you’ve already done something like this…

Best regards,

Sven

Posted: 26 October 2010 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2010-08-03

Hi Sven,

Are you using the PS3 eyes to capture the surface of a hemi-sphere (are you capturing the internal or external face?)

I’m currently reading about OpenCV and image manipulation for a project I’m soon to start, so I know the technology exists. I cant explicitly explain what it is you would have to do as I haven’t got the experience in it however I might be able to help point you in the right direction.

Any screen captures you have or diagrams that may be able to help explain would be great.

Regards

-K

Posted: 28 October 2010 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-10-10

hi all
this may help not sure but i have been using nthusim i allows warping for open gl and direct x but it works on the apps you may be able to speak to the programers re this issue but it does work very well and i know it will apply keystone and warping to ccv you can see a simple video of me using it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3XAaPaxIVQ as you will see it does the whole image but not sure it may help you . it is designed for output not input but you may be able to adapt .

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed