No access to the driver via Windows installation, help?
Posted: 27 July 2010 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-07-27

Okay, I have a really weird problem. I’m running Windows Vista 32-bit. Now, I install the drivers (with the camera unplugged), that all works quite well. Then I plug my camera in, Windows starts to install the drivers, I have to redirect it to the Driver folder that’s in Program Files (under CL-Laboratories) and then it starts installing. After a few minutes though it gives this weird error message. I can printscreen it but I’m Dutch so I don’t think you’d understand.

What it says is the following:

A driver for this device has been found, but there installation program encountered the following problems:
[PS3Eye Camera]
The process doesn’t have access to the file because it is in use by another process.

I’m not sure process is the right translation, but I hope you understand.

I hope someone can help me with this for I really want to use my PSEye with my PC. I have done this before with an earlier driver, which worked nothing less than perfect. It is such a shame that this just doesn’t. Thanks in advance

Posted: 30 July 2010 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2009-09-17

Hey Luigi,

Any progress on this? You may wanna try and download the latest CL-Eye Driver installer and use this method to install instead of manually looking for the driver yourself. Also make sure during the install you un-plug your camera as you are on Windows Vista. Normally after driver is installed properly Windows will show a little PS3 Eye picture once you plug the camera in.

Posted: 31 July 2010 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-27

No progress at all. I actually use the installer to install the driver. The problem is that after I’ve done all this (with the PS3Eye unplugged obviously), I put my PSEye in and for some reason Windows starts installing the driver, which, as I stated in my post, fails.

The strange thing is this. I did the exact same thing on my laptop, which is also Vista. I followed the same instructions and handled exactly like I did on my home computer. A bubble came up as well, I had to redirect the Windows driver installer to the driver file (or map I believe) and it starts installing. I believe it took 10 minutes but it works wonderfully. I have no idea why it doesn’t work on my desktop pc, even after loads of reboots.

Posted: 14 August 2010 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-27

Anyone really? It’s so weird. The driver install that I downloaded goes well. I plug it in and do the Windows Installation. On my laptop it just installs perfectly. On my desktop PC it gives the error I stated in my first post. What to do? Please, please help.

Posted: 15 August 2010 06:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-27

Ok, update.

I don’t get the error mentioned in my OP anymore. I now get a new one. ‘The operation has been retourned because the time-out period has expired’. What does that even mean. After this, it puts the PS3Eye in the CodeLabs bracket in Device Manager, but it’s not installed. Now what?

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed