Driver V5.1.1.0177: cannot find entry point NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort in dynamic library ntdll.dll
Posted: 05 August 2012 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2012-08-03

After connecting the camera, I tryed to run the test program, it always show:

CL-EyeTest.exe - Impossibile trovare punto di ingresso
Impossibile trovare il punto di ingresso NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort della procedura nella libreria di collegamento dinamico ntdll.dll

that is something about:
The procedure entry point NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll

So the “ntdll.dll” version I had in my system is different respect the one the developer has in his system. My version does not have the function: “NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort” while the developer one has it.
I think the installer should check the version of “ntdll.dll” is present in the system, and supply the correct one. The right one is the binary was linked on compile and test time on developer PC. My system is WinXPsp3 fully Win updated.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
739.840 Bytes, 09/12/2010 17.15.26
Version file: 5.1.2600.6055
(xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)

No images are shown by the test utility, camera still not working.

Posted: 06 August 2012 12:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

None of the API used in CL-EyeTest.exe and the driver use ‘NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort’ function.

Please try to resolve this by looking at the information here: http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/topic/31412-solved-ntdlldll-ntalpcsendwaitreceiveport-error-on-startup/

Summary:

It seems that the problem is caused by the avrt.dll that some software (Samsung Kies??) put in the Windows\System32 folder.
This dll (avrt.dll) is only used in Vista and up and should be removed from your XP system.

Posted: 06 August 2012 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-03

Samsung Kies is installed in that PC, who do not have a Linux Android phone today?
I will try the avrt.dll rename trick and post here how it works.

Posted: 06 August 2012 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-08-03

I updated Kies to last version from Samsung web site (july 2012), the error still show.
There was two copy of avrt.dll:
E:\WINDOWS\system32\avrt.dll
E:\WINDOWS\system32\System32\avrt.dll
I renamed both to avrt.dll.orig and now CL-EyeTest.exe start without errors.
Kies seems still working, anyway I wrote a simple .bat files that rename .dll.orig to .dll then run kies, and back to .dll.orig on exit.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed