Here is my testing… a few problems on x64
Posted: 25 December 2009 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-12-24

Well, After such a good experience with the ps3 web cam driver I found these issues:

Windows Vista x64 SP2:
-Sometimes Skype stops the video and only sends the audio, the picture just gets frozen.
-Trying to record something in the pc with the webcam results in a non synchronized audio.
-Trying to record something in the pc results also in weird video… looks like it repeats frames until finally crashes, this is
tested with a lot of programs, including the demo application included in the bundle, Virtual VCR (hangs when I just clic in the record button) and two others that I don’t remember the name but have the same symptoms, the only one that worked with fewer crashes but audio not in sync (delay of about a second) and sometimes funny video was WinAVI video capture (free by the way)

The funny part here is that works flawlessly on windows messenger live! (tested with the most recent version)

Windows XP x86 SP3:

WinAVI records perfect… and the web cam seems to work fine, any clues why it’s this?

(Just taking this a little further… what are a good apps for this great web cam? and… how do I get 60 Hz @ 640x480? and… thanks for the driver!!!)

Edit: See below.

Posted: 26 December 2009 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-12-26

I am having the problem you stated about frame repeats. It happens for any program that deals with the web and it’s annoying. It doesn’t work on my live, which is the only thing different.
The weird thing is that it worked perfectly for me when i first installed the driver, but now it keeps slapping me in the face.

Posted: 27 December 2009 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-12-27

I just got this camera and installed the drivers found on this site. I’m using windows 7 x64. The video will work for about 30 seconds, then it freezes. This happens in the test application bundled with the drivers and skype or whatever else I try. Hopefully there is a fix for this, because this is a pretty decent webcam (and it was only $15 to get with the eye of judgement, heh)

Posted: 27 December 2009 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Please make sure there are no other devices plugged in on the same USB bus. Many of these freezing issues could be resolved by simply plugging camera to a different USB port. Some users reported that plugging the camera directly to the motherboard USB ports at the back of their machine fixed these issues. Also make sure your dpc latency on your system does not go above 1ms. Any dpc latency spikes will cause camera to drop data and result in errors in the data stream.

Posted: 27 December 2009 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-24
AlexP - 27 December 2009 09:01 AM

Please make sure there are no other devices plugged in on the same USB bus. Many of these freezing issues could be resolved by simply plugging camera to a different USB port. Some users reported that plugging the camera directly to the motherboard USB ports at the back of their machine fixed these issues. Also make sure your dpc latency on your system does not go above 1ms. Any dpc latency spikes will cause camera to drop data and result in errors in the data stream.

I think you are right.

tested on vista x64, webcam works flawlessly… with a better connection (tested over 34+ min speaking with a friend, good picture, excellent frame rate)

Having nothing connected, removing the preview function of WinAVI and using Divx Codec with it’s fastest settings gives sincronized video and audio.

WEll, seems that everything it’s pretty much resolved and the driver works like a charm, Many many thanks for this driver smile

Edit: Can anyone recommend me any software for this camera?

Posted: 28 December 2009 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-12-27

I’m on a laptop. Tried it on my desktop (x86 win 7) and it worked without freezing.. audio was way out of sync on capture though.

Posted: 28 December 2009 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2009-12-28

Could the chipset also play a role in the compatibility? I have tested on 7 machines, 3 pc desktops and 4 laptops, 2 x64 vista laptops and rest x86 xp and vista. The only time the driver freezes is on a laptop with intel ICH9 chipset (Lenovo ideapad Y530, my workhorse laptop, sucks big time). The rest are ICH7 and ICH8. Any comment on this observation?
Addition: I tested my Lenovo laptop and its latency is entirely green bar with everything on (wireless and else). That’s why I have this speculation about the chipset.

Posted: 29 December 2009 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17
s00pcan - 28 December 2009 04:32 AM

I’m on a laptop. Tried it on my desktop (x86 win 7) and it worked without freezing.. audio was way out of sync on capture though.

Check out the following article for more info and background on PS3Eye and USB 2.0.

AlexP

Posted: 29 January 2010 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-01-29

Hey,

same problem with Windows7 x64

after some second the picture is freezing
Version: 4.0.1.0129

with CL-Eye Test is all fine, no freezing.

OpenCV and Debut Video Capturing the picture freeze after some seconds.
Sometimes it was over a minute.

I try it with the PS3 Eye cam as only usb device on all USB ports
USB Host controller ist ICH10 Driver: 6.1.7600.16385

Posted: 30 January 2010 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-01-28

I’m having the same problem as Thomas, except I’m using Skype Beta 4.2
I have other problems when using the earlier version of Skype. (Double Box as someone else mentioned).

I also tried unplugging all other USB devices, restarting, and going from there. Same problem. USB is not the problem.

I’m using Windows 7 (64), Quad Q8200 2.34ghz, 6GB Ram.

EDIT - -  Problem fixed with newest (Jan 30) release. Thanks!

Posted: 30 January 2010 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-29

maybe you can send us a debug driver, to create a log file and we can localize the reason of the freezing.
I notice also a other curious thing in the Debut Video Capture Software the fps is 75 but I change Webcam to 640x480 30fps but maybe a bug in the Debut Video Capture Software.

Posted: 02 February 2010 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17
Thomas - 30 January 2010 05:17 PM

maybe you can send us a debug driver, to create a log file and we can localize the reason of the freezing.
I notice also a other curious thing in the Debut Video Capture Software the fps is 75 but I change Webcam to 640x480 30fps but maybe a bug in the Debut Video Capture Software.

Thomas, what is the exact name of the Debut Video Capture Software in the task manager? I tried downloading and installing it but my AV didn’t like it.

Also what do you mean it freezes with OpenCV? OpenCV is a framework. What program are you running that uses OpenCV?

AlexP

Posted: 02 February 2010 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-29

It’s debut.exe
but I thing it is not the best way to limit the framerate via process name.

Exactly, I code with OpenCV different programs with different names, I could rename all programs to debut.exe but maybe is an smarter way possible?
On my old W7 x86 is all perfect but on the new W7 x64 machine all programs are freezing except your CL-Eye Test tool.

and debutsetup.exe is virus free see here

Posted: 03 February 2010 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-17
Thomas - 02 February 2010 11:29 PM

It’s debut.exe
but I thing it is not the best way to limit the framerate via process name.

Exactly, I code with OpenCV different programs with different names, I could rename all programs to debut.exe but maybe is an smarter way possible?
On my old W7 x86 is all perfect but on the new W7 x64 machine all programs are freezing except your CL-Eye Test tool.

and debutsetup.exe is virus free see here

The OpenCV capture uses DirectShow. Did you try setting the target frame rate?
Please take a look at the CL-Eye SDK and the use of the API with OpenCV. There are a few code samples demonstrating simple integration with OpenCV. The SDK also allows you to use multiple cameras with OpenCV.

Posted: 23 February 2010 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-03

Yes! I am having this problem too. After a couple minutes of recording it will freeze. It does this with WinAVI and Debut. if I run in 320x240 it does not freeze at all.

when it does freeze the sound keeps recording

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed