Antivirus issues with the CL-Eye and PS3Eye driver setup
Posted: 23 December 2009 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

I got some number of complaints about AVG detecting a trojan in the PS3Eye installer.
The AVG generates higher than normal number of false positives, comparing to other AV software. Here are some of the steps that you can do to eliminate those (taken from their forum). If you are not sure you can run the installer and/or any detected files through the Virustotal’s on-line tool that will test it against large number of top antivirus engines and tools.

~Alex

Posted: 23 December 2009 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2009-12-23
Alex P - 23 December 2009 09:38 AM

I got some number of complaints about AVG detecting a trojan in the PS3Eye installer.
The AVG generates higher than normal number of false positives, comparing to other AV software. Here are some of the steps that you can do to eliminate those (taken from their forum). If you are not sure you can run the installer and/or any detected files through the Virustotal’s on-line tool that will test it against large number of top antivirus engines and tools.

~Alex

Yes. and this is what it would look like if you do have AVG. i use AVG as my AV(Anti-Virus), but its getting worse on its detections, as much as i hate it at least i know what’s what when using it and of what gets detected.
AVGdetectoftheps3eye.jpg

AVGdetectoftheps3eye2.jpg

Almost forgot, apparently Avast is also Detecting this as a virus as well, I’m guessing Avast is doing the same as AVG.

Signature 

BOBCAMOUrbanCAMOLogo600.jpg
Got Questions?
Just ask it! smile

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed