PS3 Eye on OLD computer gives only a black screen
Posted: 14 October 2010 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-10-14

Hi,
I am new here and have read all the other posts on how to get my PS3 eye working.
I am running windows XP on a 32x system. I have sucessfully got the camera installed, it is reconized as the eye toy on the computer and even when I try to use it in Tinychat. When I try and run the PS3 Eye test, I get both the blue and red lights on (red light flickers a little)....but I can never seem to get a picture (Or sound…not that worried about this). The camera does not show up in the other icon that installed on my desktop either…
I have read about changing my settings…but none of that worked.
I am not super computer savy, can anybody explain to me what i have to do to get a picture instead of black cam?
Thanks a bunch…

Posted: 14 October 2010 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-05-10

I will assume you are using the PS3Eye and not the EyeToy for PS2.

By Old computer,  You need to indicate if you have one that has full-speed USB2.0

If it is a Name Brand CPU then indicate what Model.  If it is a Clone, or homebuilt, You are on your own to determine if you have USB2.0 or just USB 1.1

(Here is a Clue: If you plug in the camera and a Task Bar Popup suggesting you Plug-In the USB2 device into a USB2 port, then you are running USB1.0 and the EYE will not work.)

If you have USB2.0 and it is full speed, then use the CL Eye test, and select your camera device (It will be PS3Eye) and then use the Adjust Filter Pin…
Set the Size to 320x240@15fps and press Apply and OK.
If you cannot get video, then something is wrong, and it is likely related to the USB drivers and chipset. (Fix that, and it should work.)

The PS3Eye works on Lenovo S10 with a 1.6Ghz Intel Atom.—but I usually use the S10’s built in webcam…

-sean

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed