Array Microphone
Posted: 14 March 2010 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-03-11

I’ve noticed the array microphone shows up in Vista as a 4 channel microphone. But it is limited to 16 KHz. It’s supposed to be changeable within the range 16 KHz to 48 KHz. I suspect 16 KHz isn’t really enough for full spatial localisation with an array Microphone.

By the way, the middle two channels are out of order, they are numbered from left to right:  1, 3, 2, 4

Do you know if the array microphone is actually detected as a proper array microphone for Vista to do noise reduction? Does the camera provide the necessary information about microphone arrangement?

Is your driver doing anything with the array microphone? Or is it purely Windows?

Can you fix it so the array microphone works in 48 KHz?

Posted: 20 March 2010 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17
CarlKenner - 14 March 2010 12:11 AM

I’ve noticed the array microphone shows up in Vista as a 4 channel microphone. But it is limited to 16 KHz. It’s supposed to be changeable within the range 16 KHz to 48 KHz. I suspect 16 KHz isn’t really enough for full spatial localisation with an array Microphone.

By the way, the middle two channels are out of order, they are numbered from left to right:  1, 3, 2, 4

Do you know if the array microphone is actually detected as a proper array microphone for Vista to do noise reduction? Does the camera provide the necessary information about microphone arrangement?

Is your driver doing anything with the array microphone? Or is it purely Windows?

Can you fix it so the array microphone works in 48 KHz?

The audio portion of the camera is fully handles by windows since it is exposed as a standard audio capture USB device.
For more info take a look at this thread (http://codelaboratories.com/forums/viewthread/108/).

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed