Unresolved External, Lib file already linked
Posted: 19 November 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-19

Hi all,
I’m just getting started with using the cl_eye sdk with OpenCV and I’m running into some trouble compiling
which is really frustrating me. I have OpenCV set up and working, which wasn’t a big deal as I’ve done
some work with it before, however I cannot for the life of me get the cl_eye sdk to link properly.

Background info:

- Windows 7 64-bit
- Visual Studio 2010

What Has been done so far.

- The SDK installer added “C:\Program Files (x86)\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Bin” to the path
environmental variable. Which seems to be correct.

- I have added “D:\OpenCV\build\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Include”
to Properties->c/c++->Additional Include Directories

- I have added “D:\OpenCV\build\x64\vc10\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Lib”
to Properties->Linker->Additional Library Directories

- I have added “CLEyeMulticam.lib” to the start of Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies

- And I have restarted the computer after the environmental variables were changed by the installer.

As far as I can tell that’s all I should have to do, but when I compile I receive the following error messages

main.cpp
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeCameraGetFrame referenced in function main
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeCameraStart referenced in function main
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeCreateCamera referenced in function main
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeGetCameraUUID referenced in function main
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeDestroyCamera referenced in function "void __cdecl cleanup(void *,struct _IplImage *)" (?cleanup@@YAXPEAXPEAU_IplImage@@@Z)
1>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeCameraStop referenced in function "void __cdecl cleanup(void *,struct _IplImage *)" (?cleanup@@YAXPEAXPEAU_IplImage@@@Z

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mat.

Posted: 19 November 2012 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

It seems that you are attempting to build a 64-bit version of the project. Is this correct?
The .lib/.dll included in the SDK are 32-bit/x86/Win32 and not 64-bit binaries.

matyoung89 - 19 November 2012 05:03 PM

Hi all,
I’m just getting started with using the cl_eye sdk with OpenCV and I’m running into some trouble compiling
which is really frustrating me. I have OpenCV set up and working, which wasn’t a big deal as I’ve done
some work with it before, however I cannot for the life of me get the cl_eye sdk to link properly.

Background info:

- Windows 7 64-bit
- Visual Studio 2010

What Has been done so far.

- The SDK installer added “C:\Program Files (x86)\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Bin” to the path
environmental variable. Which seems to be correct.

- I have added “D:\OpenCV\build\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Include”
to Properties->c/c++->Additional Include Directories

- I have added “D:\OpenCV\build\x64\vc10\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Code Laboratories\CL-Eye Platform SDK\Lib”
to Properties->Linker->Additional Library Directories

- I have added “CLEyeMulticam.lib” to the start of Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies

- And I have restarted the computer after the environmental variables were changed by the installer.

As far as I can tell that’s all I should have to do, but when I compile I receive the following error messages

main.cpp
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeCameraGetFrame referenced in function main
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeCameraStart referenced in function main
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeCreateCamera referenced in function main
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeGetCameraUUID referenced in function main
>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeDestroyCamera referenced in function "void __cdecl cleanup(void *,struct _IplImage *)" (?cleanup@@YAXPEAXPEAU_IplImage@@@Z)
1>main.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol __imp_CLEyeCameraStop referenced in function "void __cdecl cleanup(void *,struct _IplImage *)" (?cleanup@@YAXPEAXPEAU_IplImage@@@Z

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mat.

Posted: 19 November 2012 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-19

Yes that’s correct.
I was under the impression the SDK supported 64-bit as it lists this in the technical specs
of the product page for the SDK. Are there 64-bit libraries available or should I just switch to 32-bit?
Thanks for the fast reply,
Mat.

#EDIT#

After a quick search of the forums, it seems there is no 64-bit support with the SDK.
So I’ve switched to 32-bit and everything is working fine, thanks for the quick help.
Mat.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed