Noob Help.
Posted: 27 June 2010 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-06-27

My computer is running Windows XP Professional x86. May be a computer problem. It is a piece of shit Hp/Compaq 8510p that I have to use for work. I am trying to get the PSEye to work for high quality video conferencing.

I downloded and ran the driver install file. Went to my device manager and the driver installed fine. Tried to run the test app. and was given an error message that I have no video capture hardware connected. Looked at my camera and only the blue light is on. I went into the Devices tab on the test program and it shows USB Camera-B4.04.27.1

The first attachment shows the error message when starting up the test program. The second screen shot shows the error message after going into devices in the program and choosing USB Camera-B4.04.27.1

Any help if any would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT 1: I am adding a screen shot of my USB Host Controllers listed in the device manager. I went to Intel’s Site to try and find updated drivers and there was nothing listed for XP. Supposedly though in one of the service packs released for xp were windows drivers for USB 2.0.

EDIT 2: MODS if this needs to be moved elsewhere on the forum plaese do.

Image Attachments
Snapshot 1.jpgSnapshot 2.jpgSnapshot 3.jpgSnapshot 4.jpgSnapshot 5.jpgSnapshot 7.jpg

Posted: 27 June 2010 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-27

Mods,

You can close this thread. I had to install an older driver from the archives. Still got the same error messages so I went into MSN messenger and it recognized the camera. After that the test program recognized the camera. It did not work with the newest release of the driver, though.

Posted: 29 June 2010 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-06-29
dannyb - 27 June 2010 06:10 PM

My computer is running Windows XP Professional x86. May be a computer problem. It is a piece of shit Hp/Compaq 8510p that I have to use for work. I am trying to get the PSEye to work for high quality video conferencing.

I downloded and ran the driver install file. Went to my device manager and the driver installed fine. Tried to run the test app. and was given an error message that I have no video capture hardware connected. Looked at my camera and only the blue light is on. I went into the Devices tab on the test program and it shows USB Camera-B4.04.27.1

The first attachment shows the error message when starting up the test program. The second screen shot shows the error message after going into devices in the program and choosing USB Camera-B4.04.27.1

Any help if any would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT 1: I am adding a screen shot of my USB Host Controllers listed in the device manager. I went to Intel’s Site to try and find updated drivers and there was nothing listed for XP. Supposedly though in one of the service packs released for xp were windows drivers for USB 2.0.

EDIT 2: MODS if this needs to be moved elsewhere on the forum plaese do.

idk wt to do

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed