:: Installation Issues ::
Posted: 16 March 2010 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-03-16

hey everybody! ~

I just downloaded and installed the CL-Eye Driver 4.0.1.0217
I kept my Eye Camera unplugged and the driver installation went just fine, methinks
After the installation, I plugged in the camera. The device was automatically installed and the system had to be restarted afterwards.

And so I started rebooting. First, Vista had to configure 3 updates (the updates seem to be related to the driver/camera installation). After the machine shut down and restarted, a line was printed on a black screen saying: “120/120 \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\CMF\”. Afterwards, the machine shut down again and the updates were reverted…

The Device Status of my PS3Eye Camera is now described as follows:
probs.jpg

Can someone please help me? D’:

x Guido

Posted: 16 March 2010 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Guido,

The installation on Vista does not require the system restart. The updates have nothing to do with the camera driver and were probably downloaded while your machine was running. It is the updates that required your system restart. After a quick google of the CMF related error I found this: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/57b11865-181f-4ac2-8679-0aa7e9a0ae36 (hopefully it will help you fix the error)

As for the driver, your system was probably rolled back by the unsuccessful update and therefore the driver was removed. I suggest that you resolve the CMF error first and after a clean reboot, try installing the driver again.

AlexP

Posted: 17 March 2010 02:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-16

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Still, these updates only appear after I install the PS3Eye Driver

Let me show you what happens after I plug in the PS3Eye Camera (after the driver has been installed):

p1.jpg

Which leads to ->

p2.jpg

Also, the Device Status in ‘PS3Eye Camera Properties’ shows the following:

p3.jpg

at the start of the driver installation, Vista is detected (as it should be)
pfoews…I’m confused : o

Posted: 17 March 2010 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-03-16

RESOLVED!! <3

I checked if there were any Vista updates, and upgraded to SP2
Afterwards, there were no problems after I connected the PS3Eye Camera

However, a system restart was still required

Maybe SP1 wasn’t sufficient?

Thanks for your help, AlexP! smile

Posted: 22 April 2010 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-04-22

I have a similar issue with the code 39 thing. I don’t have the other error, just the code 39. I run Windows XP 32bit. I have tried several of the versions of the software but they all do the same thing for me. The install itself runs fine, just when it comes to finding the camera it comes up with this.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did finally get it to work for me, but only after I downloaded one of BobCamo’s versions and used the register file he had in it. I then updated to the new version on this site and it works now.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed