PS3 Eye detected as “USB Camera-B3.04.06.1” even after uninstalling old driver
Posted: 26 February 2010 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-02-26

Hi,

I’ve installed previous version of your driver on my computer before this one.  Before installing the newest driver available on this site, I uninstalled the previous version.  After installing, I plugged in the PS Eye and appeared as “USB Camera-B3.04.06.1”, which was the driver I had before. 

I uninstalled the older driver through device manager, uninstalled the newer one, restarted windows, reinstalled the newer one, and the camera still appears as Unspecified Device “USB Camera-B3.04.06.1”.  The driver date is still the old one I’ve repeated the uninstall-reinstall-restart sequence numerous times, in different orders, plugged into different USB ports, to no avail.

The camera does work properly in the test app, however, but I wish to make sure the camera is using the latest and greatest drivers and that it is recognized as an actual device.

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
In Device Manager, PS3Eye Camera appears under “CodeLabs Devices”, and is dated 2/17/2010.
USB Camera-B3.04.06.1 appears under “Sound, video and game controllers”, dated 7/13/2009.  I constantly uninstall this and appears again when the camera is plugged in (even after restart).

In the Devices and Printers panel, the camera is recognized as USB Camera-B3.04.06.1 under Unspecified.

Also, I want to say thank you very much to AlexP for creating this driver.  I’ve used it for a long time (back when you updated it on a blog) to let me use an excellent camera for the PC.

Thanks for your help!

Posted: 26 February 2010 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

Once properly installed the camera will appear in two places. This is norlam since this is multi-function device.
The camera itself shout appear as you noted under “CodeLabs Devices” -> “PS3Eye Camera”
The audio part should appear under “Sound, video and game controllers” -> “USB Camera-B3.04.06.1”
If there are no yellow warnings on the camera icons, the installation went fine.
You should be able to view the camera image in CL-Eye Test app.
Do you have more than one camera appear under “Devices” in the CL-Eye Test app?

Since you have the older camera firmware version, could you paste the screen shot of the “USB Camera-B3.04.06.1 Properties” -> “Details tab” -> Property: “Hardware Ids”. It might be that your device shows different revision.

Posted: 26 February 2010 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-02-26

The camera itself shout appear as you noted under “CodeLabs Devices” -> “PS3Eye Camera”
Yes

The audio part should appear under “Sound, video and game controllers” -> “USB Camera-B3.04.06.1”

Yes

If there are no yellow warnings on the camera icons, the installation went fine.
You should be able to view the camera image in CL-Eye Test app.

Yes, the image shows up fine in the Test App and there are no yellow warnings in the device manager.  The camera seems to function normally.  I would like to make sure that the camera is using the proper drivers and not the old drivers even though the camera is detected as “USB Camera-B3.04.06.1”.  Other posts in the forum say that their camera is detected as “USB Camera-B4...” (new driver version).

Do you have more than one camera appear under “Devices” in the CL-Eye Test app?
Yes; the integrated webcam on my laptop is the one other camera

Since you have the older camera firmware version, could you paste the screen shot of the “USB Camera-B3.04.06.1 Properties” -> “Details tab” -> Property: “Hardware Ids”. It might be that your device shows different revision.
Attached to this post.

Again, thank you for your time.

Image Attachments
USBcameraproperties.jpg

Posted: 26 February 2010 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2009-09-17

The “B3.04.06.1” part has nothing to do with the driver version. This is the version of the firmware of your camera (it is permanent) and it’s has to do with the internal camera code that manufacturer programmed it in. The older cameras will have version starting with B3… while then newer ones start with B4… 
Besides some minor difference in the internal camera chipset, you should be fine. The driver is fully compatible with all known versions of PS3Eye cameras.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed